C9 Ebay slide purchase

Discussion in 'Gunsmith shop' started by Recoman, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

Ok, here's one for the knowledgeable ones out there.:D I'm thinking about getting a slide of of ebay for as cheap as possible to experiment with polishing. What do I need to look for as far as interchangeability and fitment for my C9. I bought my gun new in box in October of last year. Just wondering if most slides will interchange, or do I need to just work on the slide on my gun now? Just wanted to experiment without disabling my gun if possible. BTW, I watched a short YT video on disassembly, piece of cake for me, (except for recoil spring across the room once LOL). Really don't see why it is so hard for some, unless I was just lucky. Anyways, any info on Ebay slide appreciated.

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

As far as I've been able to tell, most C9 slides are interchangeable. I don't think HP knows of the concept of "hand fitting." ;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. Recoman

Probably not that hand fitting is a knowledge thing, but I am pretty sure you will have a hard time finding many "hand fitted" guns for $150.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Any "Model-C", "C-9" or "CF-380" slide will work.

5. Recoman

If I get a 380 slide, what about the internal parts? Interchangeable??? Don't mean to be a pain, but this is where the info is.

6. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Everything is the same between the C9 and the C380. The only diff is the barrel.

I have a C380, bought a C9 parts kit from EBay. All I did was replace the barrel so, I can shoot 9mm...now I have a C9-380

7. Recoman

Awesome, thanks.

8. Recoman

BTW...I love this forum. Help if needed, right quik, great people, and no smart a$$ez, and humor accepted and returned!!! Thanks to all you guys and gals!!!

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    greg_r should know that one, he did a C9 to CF380 to C9 conversion...

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    No [email protected]$$e$, Eh? :rofl:

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

He's new we don't tease the new guys Mole.

12. Recoman

Well, some look at humor as smart a$#, and some see smart a$$ez as humorous, sooo, a sense of humor goes a long way nowadays.

13. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

You are wise.. for now :p

14. Recoman

Well, I have been known to be a [email protected]$$ myself, so I suppose I see one, I know one, and can be one, sooo, what can one say??? Lol, I guess you get what you give and give what you get. Am I right or am I right??? Lol...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  15. missiledefender

LORD no, theres a bunch of ( @ )s here and unemployed comedians.

16. missiledefender

t wont matter, every things interchangeable...except for the barrel

17. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Says the guy with the Steve-O avatar.

18. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

The recoil spring on the C9 is much heavier than the CF380 spring. I imagine that using the 380 recoil spring in the 9mm would not be too friendly on the gun. There is also a slight difference in the extractor, but I'm thinking that might just be a design change in house.

I have not been real happy with the conversion, and my wife and daughter did not like the C9 incarnation at all, they had a hard time racking the 9mm. As a 380 it was much easier to rack. I never did get the 9 mm to run 100%. It had a tendency to not return to battery from time to time, had to tap the back of the slide to send it home. Not a magazine issue, as it did it with all of my magazines. I did figure out it liked my truncated cone reloads which are shorter than ball ammunition. I converted it back to 380 and its now running 100% again.