Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just bought a C9 this past weekend and shot it too! I'm really happy so far , however, I would like a flashlight for the front of the gun, is there any way to add one?

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
welcome to the forum. Unless you can find one that mounts to the front of the trigger guard, I personally do not know of any methods.

Perhaps another member can step in and steer you in the right direction.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a HiPoint addict. Welcome to our support program.
There are five steps in this program.
Step 1: Buy a ton of ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more HiPoints.
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 repeatedly.
Step 4: Snicker at all Gun Snobs for paying way too much, when their backs are turned.
Step 5: Happily spread the addiction to as many people as humanly possible.

Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery. There is no recovery.
:drool: :drool: :drool:

If you have a C9 with the comp, then it is possible. Otherwise, unless you are very good at modding things.

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
Just learn to fire it one handed and use the other to hold a light I myself use the cross arm method at work [works for me :wink: ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the serial was not located where it is one could put a mount there. I looked mine over real well to try it and it will not work with the serial there. So trigger guard is the only option. I wish HP made the c9 and 380 frames like the 40 and 45 with a mount on it.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Thus the C9 Comp

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I mean they need to make the c9 capable of having acc. The comp just makes the C9 look like gun with a tumor.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
So you improvise, overcome,and adapt and learn the cross arm method. [Thanks Gunny Highway :wink: ]
-
great movie!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have the 45 jhp with the mounting rail but i was thinking....if im gonna use this weapon for work...right? right.....if i mount all kinds of sweet accs. how am gonna find a big enough holster for my giant 45 with an attachment?

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Just learn to fire it one handed and use the other to hold a light I myself use the cross arm method at work [works for me :wink: ]
+1. You can also hold the flashlight away from the body with the off-hand. It's better to not have it attached to the gun. Flashlights can turn into bullet magnets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
+1. You can also hold the flashlight away from the body with the off-hand. It's better to not have it attached to the gun. Flashlights can turn into bullet magnets.[/quote]

not only that but if you have a rail mounted flash light vs a hand held one you are more probable to turn and fire or flinch and fire when you encounter somone or somthing

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
i have the 45 jhp with the mounting rail but i was thinking....if im gonna use this weapon for work...right? right.....if i mount all kinds of sweet accs. how am gonna find a big enough holster for my giant 45 with an attachment?
That is the exact reason I took the laser sight off my JHP.
I use the 45 as a home defense weapon, and I like to hang it on the bedrail in an Uncle Mikes IWB holster,(that clip makes it perfect).
But that laser is like having a giant tumor on the gun.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Not Sure what "sweet accs" you are talking about seeing that the .45 rail will only accept the HP laser mount.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts