Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have small (and 70 yr old) hands, so the C9 recoil can get to me after awhile. Got Hogue Handall grip (not jr size) and that helped, but I still had a problem with the first knucle on my right thumb getting sore from resting near the end of the slide mechanism. Got some black neoprene from an surfers old wet suit and installed two small strips under the rear of the Hogue grip and had them extend around the curvature of the grip. GREAT! No hand fatigue at all on the range and its a perfect color match with the grip!
Havent figured out how to load a pictrure so here is a hyperlink to a picture
Bob
http://www.saugerties1954.com/images/c9grip.jpg

G

·
That's a really cool idea.

A buddy of mine has a .454 Casull with a 2.5" barrel. Seems like that might be a good thing for him to try :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
The only problem I have with the C9's grip is that it's too short. My pinky pulls the mag out. Well, I guess that's why I gave it to my wife & got myself a .45.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
i've had the same problem , on recoil the back of the frame hits my thumb knuckle , i got the butler creek grip and instead of keeping my thumb straight with the slide i now point my thumb towards the mag release . now my thumb knuckle doesn't get whacked every time i shoot .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts