C9 grip extension

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Goodwrench13, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Goodwrench13

Goodwrench13 Member

Im working on extending the grip on my c9. I had a c9 10 round mag cap that I had changed out for a c9 8 round mag cap. That way it works in my 995. So I have taken the old 10 round extension and hollowed it out so a 995 magazine will fit through it. Making a permanent grip extension. In doing so I lose the option of using the 8 round magazines but I have big hands and never really liked that magazine anyway.

Attached Files:

2. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    I dont get it, your trying to use carbine mags in the C9?

3. You said you lose the option to use the 8 round mags; was this a permanent change? (Doesn't look that way- but I had to ask.)
    I like the idea, I know Panoz has done this with the sleeve off a Promag 15 rounder and others have used a bicycle intertube.

4. Goodwrench13

Goodwrench13 Member

Im still working out the fine details but yes it will be permanent and yes im using the 995 mags. Once I get all the details worked out it's going to be epoxyed to the frame and then filled in with body filler to make it 1 smooth grip

5. Goodwrench13

Goodwrench13 Member

anyone interest in buying or maybe trading for my old c9 8 round magazine

6. Wow. Please post pics of this when it's complete!

7. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Why would you make it permanent? Just buy a C9 10 round mag with the extension in place. The point of a sleeve is to take up the slack in the 995 mag so it stays at the correct angle to feed properly but then the sleeve can be quickly removed and the mag can be interchanged back into the 995. I fail to see the point hacking up a 10 round C9 mag base, to then glue it to a 995 10 round mag and make a C9 10 round mag? I'm confused.

This is a sleeve using a promag 15 round extension.

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.co...ably-use-10-round-995-carbine-mags-c9-310957/

Wait, when you say permanent, you want to epoxy it to the bottom of the C9 mag well? That doesn't really make sense.

8. Goodwrench13

Goodwrench13 Member

Yes its being mounted to the mag well on my c9 not to take up space but to extend the grip. I have big hands and can never get comfortable with my pinky hanging off the bottom. Plus I dont see the point of buying a c9 10 mag when I can only use it in the c9 where if I buy the 995 mag I can use it on both my c9 and my 995ts

9. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I guess my point is why permanently affix it to your gun? Just slip it on or off as needed.

10. Goodwrench13

Goodwrench13 Member

I have been trying to work out a way to clip it on so I could be removed if you want. But I just figured seeing as all but one is a 10 mag it just made sense to mak it permanent

11. It'd be nice to be able to swap back and forth between a 995 and a C9 without having to remove a sleeve. I've looked at doing something similar that could be clipped on and off (didn't want it permanent) but I couldn't make it work. Hope it works out for you Goodwrench

12. Goodwrench13

Goodwrench13 Member

Thanks. yea It seams like a hassle to put the spacer on and off with each mag

13. I think it is a good idea, the other caliber carbines and pistols have interchangeable mags, now your 9mm will too.

14. Yeah it's why I picked up my Sub2k. But my 995 comes to the range with me more often. :)

15. Goodwrench13

Goodwrench13 Member

Okay so I have come up with a semi permanent way of mounting the extension. I've used three tiny screws to mount the extension to the frame

Attached Files:

16. I was thinking epoxy alone wouldn't be enough. And I have to ask what's with that green residue on your extension?

17. Goodwrench13

Goodwrench13 Member

It was painted grabber green at one point in time but it turned out like sh!t. So I stripped most of it off

18. Goodwrench13

Goodwrench13 Member

Ok first layer of molding and with a little bit of shaping

Attached Files:

19. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Sure, how much shipped?

20. Goodwrench13

Goodwrench13 Member

Sorry should have posted sold it to a friend