C9 Grip springs

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Marmot, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Marmot

Marmot Member

I've looked around and haven't found it,, so I'll ask you learned gents -- How many coil springs are on the inside of the right hand grip. I have one and it appears there is another mounting post for the other spring.. Thanks for the help..

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    One for the mag safety bar. 40/45 have 2. Safety bar and mag release.

3. Marmot

Marmot Member

C-9 grip springs

Thanks for the reply cicpup.. On these C-9's it looks like the small spring on the bottom inside of the grip is to hold the Magazine Lock Out Bar in place. The other area I thought a spring may be missing is just a post to fit in the dipped portion of the Lock out bar. Anyway, I'll figure it out. I'm a bit surprised that with all the C-9 owners none have looked at the inside of the grip and let me know ??..

4. what_now

what_now Member

My C9's and CF380's don't have any coils springs under the right grip. The online manual/parts list is outdated and shows the (really) old design. They only have 1 spring under the left grip that runs from the Last round hold open to the mag release button. I have 2 newer C9's, 1 newer CF380, and 1 8 year old C9 - none have the mag lockout spring shown in manual.
    http://hi-pointfirearms.com/Hi-Point-manuals/C-9_CF380.pdf

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Why should they when they know I already gave you the answer?

6. Marmot

Marmot Member

C-9 grip springs

OK what-now,,, Thanks..