C9-I'm left handed-possible unintentional mag release issue?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by shelbyzman, Apr 1, 2008.

1. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    I read somewhere that someone (that was left handed) had a problem with unintentionally hitting the mag release while shooting.
    Any other lefties out there with the C9???

2. i was just trying left handed, i don't think it will be too difficult to shoot. the mag release bottom sit in between where my index finger and middle finger apart. if anything you might have easier time for the safety is not cutting your thumb. you might want to buy a hogue grip because the normal grip have right handed finger line.

3. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    thanks for the info! I haven't heard of it (left-handed mag release problem) except one place. About the hogue grip, I was thinking that I would probably get one anyway, I didn't even think about how the grips were made...another reason to get the hogue :lol:

4. I primarily shoot RH but will shoot a couple of mags LH when at the range. I have no problems with the mag release just with keeping a steady hand (even two handed) for a good aim. Of course when I shoot my CF380 with the laser, RH or LH is no problem.

5. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    thats good to know....I'm am really looking forward to getting the C9!

6. uh, you won't regret it.

7. damageinc

damageinc Guest

I'm a lefty and I don't have any problems.

8. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    good to know :D

9. Also another lefty. I've never had a problem. The c9 was my main range gun, 9mm ammo is just so much cheaper to shoot. Now that I just got the beretta, my c9 has a range buddy

10. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    I'm glad to know that it shouldn't be a problem :D I hadn't heard of it being and issue except one time.

11. You just need to practice and find your own style of using the magazine release, I use my C9 left handed at the range and right hand(im right handed). On my left hand I use my middle finger to release the magazine.

12. Deltaboy

Deltaboy Guest

I am a fellow southpaw myself and I have had NO PROBLEMS with this on the Hi-Point or any other auto I own.

13. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

the only problem ive ever had shooting lefty was witha glock compact that had an aftermarket extended slide lock. Id tap it with my index finger every once in a while. no problems with any of the C9s ive owned.

SW

14. sdavisrt

sdavisrt Guest

While I was doing my slide modification, I bent the safety thumb lever down just a bit to help with this problem. after I reinstalled th grip it was to close but with a small screwdriver I bent it back to a position that works great.

Stephen

15. damageinc

damageinc Guest

The only thing sucks about shooting left handed is the right handed bolt action rifle!

16. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    thanks for the info everybody :D

17. Thorn 242

Thorn 242 Well-Known Member

Im a southpaw...never had an issue with my c9....but my .22 is a right-handed bolt gun.....thats a pain....but im living with it