C9 in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by sarahsmom, Jun 29, 2015.

1. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new HP C9 in Las Vegas! Any other LV hp owners out there? I have questions about shooting ranges and whether you can still go out and practice shoot in the desert. Cannot wait to get my c9!

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    You would have to check local laws about shooting in the desert, but it is
    probably just fine in most areas. We have had a couple of Vegas folks, iirc...

3. undeRGRound

INDY
  4. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Welcome..... you used to be able to shoot up on Sunrise Mountain, but I believe all BLM land is now off limits for shooting. There is a large shooting range outside of Vegas and numerous indoor ranges as well. You should be able to look them up in the yellow pages. For questions on specific laws, give LVMPD a call.

5. sarahsmom

6. undeRGRound

INDY
    Then you have your work cut out for you! :D

May want to look into the carbines, fun to shoot and they have it in 9mm, 40 S&W
    and 45 ACP. Something to hold off the teenage boys as time wears on! :rofl:

7. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Wahoo another girl!!!!! Welcome from ND

8. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

9. undeRGRound

INDY
    Howzat, Mr. $marta$$??? :p

10. sarahsmom

Thank you, EvilE424!

11. moona11

This post is not about you. So go sit in the corner. You got burned and you know it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. undeRGRound

INDY
    So quit trying to drag me into this and let's talk to the nice new lady! :p

WELCOME, Sarah's Mom!

We always scuffle around like this, don't mind m00nzy, he's just a big kid,
    but his wifey "EvilE" ("E" for short;)) usually keeps him in line :D

13. JohanBroad

JohanBroad Member

Hi Sarahsmom, Welcome to the madhouse!
    Fellow LV C9 owner here, and I am also looking for cheap(free) places to shoot as well. Green Valley Range is nice, but the lane fee is $20.00, which gets the lane for as long as you want it. You can bring your own ammo, or buy it there, but I like the prices at wally world a little better. :)

The Clark County Shooting Complex is only $9.00 for as long as you want, but it is WAY out at the far north end of Decatur. I'm in Henderson, so when you figure in the cost of gas and time, it's cheaper for me to pay for the lane at Green Valley...

That aside, I think you'll like the C9. :D

14. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome Sarah's mom. You're gonna love your C9. Load the mags and keep em loaded until you get a chance to take it to the range. This seems to be the general rule. Helps with the break in.

I'm going to Vegas in October. Iv'e been going about twice a year for a long time. I was there with my wife for Christmas last year.

15. histed

histed Supporting Member

Sarahsmom - welcome to the zoo. Agreed - I think you'll love your C9. My wife loves her's - it has a home in her nightstand and she's deadly with it. Sometimes, when I've been good (which ain't often) she lets me shoot it, I find it more comfortable and every bit as accurate as my Smith and Wesson. Every pistol's different, but this one eats what ever we feed it - mostly my hand loads.

12, huh? Some of us teach for a living - that put her n 6th grade? Interesting age. I am glad my "sarah" is now 30, but enjoy it while you can.

16. sarahsmom

17. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

18. sarahsmom

Yep, she just finished 6th grade- next year 7th!

19. moona11

Teach her to shoot. You will enjoy going to the range and spending time with her before she gets to old to hang with you,

20. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I don't know the legality of it, but when my daughter lived in Vegas, the SIL would drive us out southwest of the city on I-15, about 8-10 miles, and just drop off the north side of the freeway out into the desert, there's a bunch of arroyos right there (that's little canyons to you non-westerners) filled with all sorts of trash. We even had a cop roll by one day, he didn't stop or say anything to us.

No fire danger, it's real desert, no vegetation at all.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015