Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I purchased the C9 Recently I have Oiled/ Cleaned the gun and mags, I have also loaded and unloaded all 4 of my mags countless times and I have kept them fully loaded for 2 going on 3 weeks. I worked with the lips On the mags and I have tried every kind of ammo possible !

I have shot for many years so I do know how to hold the pistol I am not limp wristing I am smacking the mags. My problem is I keep getting FTE Over and over again. every few rounds once in a while I will get lucky and maybe go a mag or two with out a problem and others its every other round just will not eject.

I from what I have seen most people have FTF issue I purchased 4 of these and 2 of them did have the FTF problem but that's taken care of. With this issue I am having I am STUMPED any help would be Greatly appreciated ! I Got this for my night stand and I cant fully rely on it if a situation was to occur ! I have about 700 rounds through this pistol. Thank you in advance im looking forward to hearing back from ya guys !

I also Included a picture of my new buddy and the grips I recently got for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
First off, epic grips bro. They look awesome. Second, keep working with it. Give it a couple more weeks. Keep putting rounds through it. Keep adjusting. After those couple weeks, call MOM and make arrangements to send it in. I have heard that the FTE could be due to the ejection port being really small. Good luck with it man.

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
Did you buy it new?

If it's feeding ok but not ejecting I wonder if you have a bent pin or something having to do specifically with the ejecting problem, not the magazine

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
A bent firing pin is always suspected first. If it is, you can straighten it out yourself. My C9 is fine, but my 995 had a problem with an Ejection Key (part #2). Maybe you can put a fired shell in the chamber and slowly close the Slide and see if the Key catches. You have to hit the back of the slide to get it to close all the way. I have a bunch of dummy rounds so I would load a mag and run the dummy rounds thru gun and see if they all catch and eject. You can also check to see if the rounds load easily and do not get jammed in the chamber. Keep us informed about what you find.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Definetly check for a bent firing pin which also extracts the round. I have had two bent firing pins which have caused similar issues to what you are describing. If that's not the problem, I am as stumped as you are.

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
If it is firing OK, it may or may not be the Firing Pin. It's worth checking to be sure that the FP is straight, there's no gunk in the firing pin chamber impeding movement, and that the springs are in good shape.

Check the chamber for burs or carbon buildup which would impede extraction.

Check that the Extractor is working properly; that the extractor claw is not broken, chipped, or worn at the "point" ; that the Extractor spring is not broken, etc.; that the groove for the Extractor in the slide is not fouled, gunked, or gummed up.

Might not be all bad to ask Mom for replacement parts for the Extractor & Extractor Spring and the Firing Pin assembly.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello everyone ! I'm responding from my phone so sorry about grammar and spelling ahead of time !

Thanks on the grips they not only look awesome but they are textured and do not have a greasy feel to them like the original grips. The guy I bought them from is a friend of mine and makes them all the time he sells them alot on eBay and ill post his eBay user name a bit later he has some aircraft gray and tan pairs on there now that look great !

I tore my gun apart yesterday and checked the firing pin all ok checked extractor appeared to be ok but was SHOCKED at how filthy grimy nasty gritty it was inside ! So I cleaned and lubed everything and was kinda shocked, I did not polish the fees ramp but the finish on it is almost completely worn off. I have no problem with this as I know everything is breaking in but was a little surprised that finish would wear off that quickly.

After cleaning and lubing everything up just the slide moving it back and forth seems to be smoother so I'm looking forward to getting to the range ( hopefully this week ) this ammo shortage is driving me crazy my local range is most of the time out of factory ammo and only have crappy reloads and only sell the hornady home defense 25 round boxes for 29.99$ a box. My hi point doesn't feed well at all with the reloads they sell and after talking with the guy who owns it I'm not the only one having problems with it so I'm burning through my stockpile fast !

I will say I've done alot of testing and research and swear by the hornady ammo lines they are pricey but there accurate and well made ammo it's in my carry gun at all times !

I am a Moose member and was at my local meeting this week and a fellow member bought a c9 and put one clip through it and just said it wasn't what he was looking for and I picked it up for $100 !

This c9 I'm exited about I have all my clips broken in / modded to work lol , I want to polish the side like I have seen on here I think that looks Great ! My question on this is does that. Void the hi point warranty ? Is there anything anyone knows of that breaks hi points warranty ?

I installed the ghost ring sights and am looking forward to shooting with them installed they look pretty neat ! So I will let everyone know how it shoots hopefully this week and I thank everyone so much for all the fast responses you guys are great ! Ill also let ya know how the new c9 shoots!

Thank you again everyone ! Cheers ! Jr

·
Banned
6,069 Posts
The ONLY thing I've see is the use of Promag magazines in the carbines. Other than maybe intentional abuse, everything else is covered for lifetime. I was cleaning mine last weekend and lost a spring. I called MoM, and she sent me extra parts just in case?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts