Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the gun used for $100 bucks and it looked like it had never been shot. Purchased 3 kinds of ammo WW, Rem and Blazer then after 2 weeks went to the range and now I am so frustated its not funny. First off I did some research before hand and knew not to get just one kind of ammo and that there was about a 200-300 round break in period. I loaded the magazine with 8 rounds and left alone for 2 weeks before shooting to try and break in the spring. I tried to get all of my bases covered so everything would work the way it should. I had my kel tec P-11 with me also. It took nearly 4 hrs to put 300 rounds down range loading only 5-7 in magazine. It would fire at most 2 rounds before jamming by either failure to eject or failure to feed by pushing the ammo upwards. I called Hi Point and they put me through to tech support and he told me to squeeze the ends of the magazine together because the gap was to large. I tried to tell him I did that at the range but he would not listen and told me to call back after I fired it again. He also said not to use the WW because to many people were calling in and complaining about jamming with that ammo. I went back to range after messing with the mag again and also polishing the feed ramp but no use still the same problem. I am not a Hi Point basher by no means my bro-in law has the .40 cal and it shoots perfect and wish that I would have gotten it but I am determined to make this gun work. Called them again and Tech Support told me to polish the feed ramp..lol...I heard their support was excellent but so far I am not convinced. I appologize for the long post but I need some advice please. I have had the Kel Tec for about 4 years never jammed and has eaten everything I put in it, but the trigger pull is so long and the recoil is quite a bit more than the C9. I called again about 2 hours ago and the Tech told me to do the exact same thing he did the first time, when I told him I was a repeat caller and had already done that he told me I had to much oil on the gun and to wipe it down..OMG no win situation...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I told them I wanted to send it back and they put me through to Tech Support what is up with that? Do I have to get pissy with them so they will look at it?

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I would just send it. I wouldn't call. Just fill out their form and box it and send it. When they get it they will test fire it and they will see what's going on. And hey, you'll get an extra mag.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a similar but not so madenning experience. It was all in the magazine I messed with it a bit and got rid of that winchester dhit and all is fine

Hang in their it is worth it in the end. A good accurate pistol

Good luck

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I have filled out the form and will ship it tomorrow USPS Priority Mail to Ohio. :D
i have heard that you should use UPS. the post office won't send it if they know its a gun. but if they don't know, then they don't know. just a heads up.

·
Banned
401 Posts
No need to get pissy, just sell it to me, I will even pay a profit to you(not much) but make it worth your while, I just sold my other one and am looking for another, it will be my tenth one and have never had a problem with any of them...

Don't ship it priority mail, you might not see it again, but you could see a postal inspector at your door, it is best to list as machine parts and send either FedEx or UPS, because it is a real problem sending pistols via USPS..

Don't ask me how I know..LOL

Dp

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I have filled out the form and will ship it tomorrow USPS Priority Mail to Ohio. :D
i have heard that you should use UPS. the post office won't send it if they know its a gun. but if they don't know, then they don't know. just a heads up.
Just tell em its machined parts. In all reality thats what they are and when assembled it becomes a firearm.

·
Registered
313 Posts
please do not take this wrong as you seem to be an experienced shooter...but...

your comparing the kel tec p11
the smallest and lightest 9mm pistol ever made
to the high point c9 probably the heaviest and bulkiest 9mm every made.

They shoot totally different then a lightweight weapon. Is it possible you are used to the lightweight feel of the p 11 and letting that heavy sob get a little sloppy in the wrist?

I mean just putting it out there as it seems you have done everything that would smooth up the action for a fine feeder.

Have you tried bench resting it while firing?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Yeah limp wristing has been quit a few peoples problem with jammies.

·
Registered
112 Posts
man that sucks..well i will say mine has fed 150 rounds so far without any issues...however...when i first bought it i loaded up the mag and started to rack the slide to watch it feed and man every round jammed...literally...so i got pissed off becauase im a perfectionist and i hate having issues with anything...even something known to have issues...anyway long story short i racked the slide round after round jam after jam...i still had the same issues so i took some pliers and pulled on the tabs a bit and it fed with the only issue being the first round so now i tap the mag once it's in from the bottom and everything feeds great....Hobbles gave me a beautiful diagram when i had this issue check it out http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,20790.0.html

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but...........

QUOTE: "I just sold my other one and am looking for another, it will be my tenth one and have never had a problem with any of them..."

So what is it that you don't like about them that you keep selling them off, but must be something you do like, because you keep buying more. .... Sounds like just a quick flip to make $$$$$$$$

·
Banned
401 Posts
Pistol Pete,

The last 4 of them, I have sold to my father and 3 of his friends because they couldn't find one where they live, the others I have sold to friends around here that were looking and couldn't find one, I have a unique ability to find good deals on these guns, and I am not ashamed to say, yes, I have made money on them, right now I know where there is a C9 and a JHP that I can pick up for about $95.00 each, during tough times around here, it is easy to find guns for cheap prices, it is one of the first things people sell when the construction trade tanks.

There is nothing I don't like about them, I am lucky to be retired with a good income, so when opportunity pops up, I take advantage of it..and by the way, I do hold both a CCW and an FFL and follow all proper procedures...

Dp

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Nothing wrong with an honest business...

Mind selling one to me? ^-^

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Not giving you a hard time, just curious........ nothing better for advertisement than a repeat buyer........ I would do the same if I could find the deals and also help others out....... :angel:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts