C9 Jamb-0-Matic.. Bent Firing Pin Too

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by mrlocksmith, Nov 10, 2015.

1. mrlocksmith

mrlocksmith Member

I am breaking in a new C9. All went well with using the 8 round mags but I ordered four 10 rounders and they were horrible. The rounds would not strip off the magazine and would stay below the feed ramp.

I bent the firing pin trying to fix a type 3 malfunction, a new pin and a spare is on the way. I like the no hassle warranty, 45 second call and it was in the mail.

I have now just bent the feed lips and angled the top leaf of the follower spring up at 45 Degrees so the follower will present the rounds at a better angle to the feed ramp. I manually cycled some ammo through by racking the slide and letting the return spring sned th round into battery. Seems like the first two rounds don't want to chamber but the rest will just fine.

Is polishing the feed ramp really required as well ? That feed ramp is pretty steep when I compare it to my XD's

Call me odd but I kinda like the trigger on the C9 and it is more accurate than I am.

Mark

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Do NOT manually cycle live ammo through the gun as the firing pin is the ejector.
    Where did you get the 10 round mags from?

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    If it's not feeding the first few rounds, I would bend the front lips apart a little wider.

4. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

With 'most' hi-point mags, it is a good idea to load the mags full and let them sit for about a week to break in the springs. It sounds weird, but it does seem to help. I don't have any 10 rounders, but on my older 8 round mags (no feed 'ears', I also took some fine sandpaper to polish where the casings drag along the top of the mags and I lubed the inside of the mag, the follower and spring with a liberal dose of silicone spray.

5. VinnieD

VinnieD Member

Yup, break in the mags by filling them up and leaving them for a week or two. Don't cycle live rounds by hand. In fact cycling by hand is going to cause jams anyway. You can not replicate the forces involved in firing and cycling with your hands. Just release the slide on a full mag and empty it the way God intended.

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

7. tim

tim Member

Remove your slide, insert a full mag & make sure the last round hold open lever isn't touching the round & causing a nose dive. Mine was doing this, just a touch of the tip with a file or dremel, it only has to touch the follower for it to work, so don't take off any more than needed, just what is touching the round. Check this with all the ammo you are using. Also, a Wolff 1911 9mm mag spring fits perfect & is a big improvement over the HP spring. They are abt $7[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    You know your title is misleading and being your first post it could be seen as trolling. If it works with the 8 rounder then obviously it isn't a "Jamb-0-Matic" and it's just your new 10 rounders need breaking in & tweaking.

Not sure exactly what a "type 3 malfunction" is (nor do I care to look it up) but since the firing pin is also the ejector, a bad jam can bend it.

Keep fusking with them. Work the springs too.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

9. cicpup

Vermont
  10. mrlocksmith

mrlocksmith Member

All:

Thanks for the tips ! And I aint a troll ! Just want to get my C9 working.

I have a 995TS and it it ROCKS.. I might have to buy another !

11. cicpup

Vermont
    No need to play it. Title is enough. That'll bend it. If you can, straighten the old one and work out the kinks with the mags. Then install the new one.

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    So..it's a double feed?

Is it too much trouble to just say "double feed"?

What system of classification is this, and who invented it or uses it?

And what is a type 1 or type 2 malfunction?:confused:

13. budman70

budman70 Supporting Member

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I can not believe I just wasted the time to read that. bud that was not cool :mad:

15. ynot

ynot Member

The Wolff mag spring is a great tip! Did you use it in an 8 round mag or a 10 round ? I had a problem with my 8 round mag not feeding and solved it by using the mag spring from a 995 10 round mag in my 8 rounder. It still holds 8 rounds and has much better spring pressure. The Wolff spring is a much more affordable option to keep in mind for next time.

16. mrlocksmith

mrlocksmith Member

Problem Solved

I took my C9 to the range today after adjusting the feed lips on the 10 round magazines more and bending to top leaf of for the follower spring to make the follower present the round at a higher angle. I had just a few issues but overall a great improvement. The 10 round magazines from my 995TS worked very well. I would use those over the 10 round C9 magazines.

Mark

17. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

Agree with letting the mag sit loaded. I left my JCPs' mags loaded for two weeks and it helped prevent nosedives. Assuming a c9's mags present the same issues, it's worth a try. Oddly, my JCPs' mags feed fine with the little front lips bent straight ahead so they don't even touch the rounds.

18. mrlocksmith

mrlocksmith Member

Just a follow up.. the mags have sat loaded for some time now and all malfunctions are gone. I also polished the feed ramps as well. Nice gun for it's intended purpose which is a trunk gun for me.

M