Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, im sure this info has been posted, but i get a debug error when i try to search, and after searching through dozens of pages manually i gave up and am posting.

I got a C9 about 4 months ago. I have about 600 rounds thru it. I started out with BlazerBrass ammo, and since have tried remmington, wolf, whitebox, and american eagle. I get the same results no matter what ammo i use, and the performance (or lack there-of) has not changed since day one. here are my problems;

- If i load more then 5 rounds into the mag, the bullets dont seat right and it will not chamber a second round (it does not jam, it just dosn't grabd the next shell.) from looking at it it dosn't appear that the mag spring is pushing up on the shells hard enough.

- if i load 5 or less rounds into the mag, it chambers them fine, but i have at least one misfeed every other mag.

I've tried polishing the feed ramp (it's nice, shiney and smooth now!) And i've left the mag loaded for weeks tryign to break it in. But ti's still not working!

Is there anythign anyone can suggest, or do i need to mail it in for service? And do i need to mail the whole gun, or just the mag? i really don't think there is anything wrong with the gun. I think it's the magazine.

HELP!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Okay, im sure this info has been posted, but i get a debug error when i try to search, and after searching through dozens of pages manually i gave up and am posting.

I got a C9 about 4 months ago. I have about 600 rounds thru it. I started out with BlazerBrass ammo, and since have tried remmington, wolf, whitebox, and american eagle. I get the same results no matter what ammo i use, and the performance (or lack there-of) has not changed since day one. here are my problems;

- If i load more then 5 rounds into the mag, the bullets dont seat right and it will not chamber a second round (it does not jam, it just dosn't grabd the next shell.) from looking at it it dosn't appear that the mag spring is pushing up on the shells hard enough.

- if i load 5 or less rounds into the mag, it chambers them fine, but i have at least one misfeed every other mag.

I've tried polishing the feed ramp (it's nice, shiney and smooth now!) And i've left the mag loaded for weeks tryign to break it in. But ti's still not working!

Is there anythign anyone can suggest, or do i need to mail it in for service? And do i need to mail the whole gun, or just the mag? i really don't think there is anything wrong with the gun. I think it's the magazine.

HELP!
try calling hi-point.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Have you tried doing the adjustments to the mag and filing them back to a radius? It worked for mine. It was nose diving the ammo now it feeds fine.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My mag did not radius back. I had to use a file and take it back. Though I usually do some tweaking to the mags for any pistol I own. I just got my pistol a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it was an old mag w it. don't know.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
After loading the mag, slap the back of the mag against your palm or thigh. This will help seat the rounds in the mag. Also make sure the mag is fully inserted into the mag well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm new to owning a High point it jams every other round and I cant stand it.
Can someone clue me in on working on the magazine

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm new to owning a High point it jams every other round and I cant stand it.
Can someone clue me in on working on the magazine
load your magazines all the way full for 1-2 weeks, then bend the lips at the top (that hold your rounds in) with a pair of pliers so they hug your rounds tightly (you dont want space between the top round and the lips)

·
Registered
313 Posts
metalcaster-I've found that when my grip is a bit limp I get a misfeed. When I concentrate on my grip no problems, only about 200 rounds thru it.
lol AWESOME first post ...well said and very very correct! Hi Points are very picky when shot limp wristed. The slide is heavy and it easily takes control if the shooter is not fully in control!

Take that above, add in a gun that is made affordable and you really got to bring your A game if you expect a hipont to perform on its A game.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
metalcaster-I've found that when my grip is a bit limp I get a misfeed. When I concentrate on my grip no problems, only about 200 rounds thru it.
lol AWESOME first post ...well said and very very correct! Hi Points are very picky when shot limp wristed. The slide is heavy and it easily takes control if the shooter is not fully in control!

Take that above, add in a gun that is made affordable and you really got to bring your A game if you expect a hipont to perform on its A game.
Someone give these men a couple of medals! Or at least a pat on the back. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've found that when my grip is a bit limp I get a misfeed. When I concentrate on my grip no problems, only about 200 rounds thru it.
That's what she said...

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
This has been going around. Don't know who did it but it will get you started on adjusting your magazines.

Adjust the back first then the nose. Works better that way. Key word, this adjustment "works"

·
Registered
586 Posts
This has been going around. Don't know who did it but it will get you started on adjusting your magazines.

Adjust the back first then the nose. Works better that way. Key word, this adjustment "works"
so the spot with the arrows that say "radiused" back, is that cut or just bent inwards?

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
NO CUTTING!!! Just bend to the measurements. Do the back first then the front. I was getting sore and cut thumbs loading ammo into my magazines then someone posted this. I tried it and WOW, shells load really easy now. Going to the range this weekend and hopefully they will come out just as easy!!! LOL

·
Registered
586 Posts
NO CUTTING!!! Just bend to the measurements. Do the back first then the front. I was getting sore and cut thumbs loading ammo into my magazines then someone posted this. I tried it and WOW, shells load really easy now. Going to the range this weekend and hopefully they will come out just as easy!!! LOL
so Im folding those lips all the way over so they are against the bottom of the lip? I've altered my already bent feed lips in the front, but none of the back lips.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Yes sir. Just make it look like the picture. Be careful to try and make adjustments to both sides so they are even or as close as you can get it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yes sir. Just make it look like the picture. Be careful to try and make adjustments to both sides so they are even or as close as you can get it.
difficult to do with a pair of pliers alone...how do you suggest I do it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.