C9 Last Round Slide Lock

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by tumbleweed1954, Oct 1, 2014.

1. tumbleweed1954

tumbleweed1954 Member

I bought a C9 back around 1994. When I fired it the first time I notice that it either did not have a last round slide lock or it had one that didn't work. So my question is did they manufacture some of these without that feature? I've looked at online photos showing the mechanism on the left side of the gun that does this and mine doesn't have it.

Also I have noticed the gun rattles. The rattle is from a flat piece of metal in the rear of the hand grip that is labeled 'counter balance' on the parts sheets. Is this normal? :confused:

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

The rattle is normal.... That counter balance piece keeps the gun from firing when dropped IIRC.

3. tumbleweed1954

tumbleweed1954 Member

Thanks, Bull. I was out walking the other day and the rattle drives me nuts! :mad:

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Early models did not have this feature.

Wanna have some fun? Let someone shoot it. When they hand it back you you, shake it and look shocked. Begin berating them for breaking your gun because "it never made that noise before".

5. tumbleweed1954

tumbleweed1954 Member

Thanks, Sickpup (SIC) :D That's what I was thinking the case may be. :(

6. cicpup

Vermont
    Taken your C-9 apart yet? You'll be surprised how easily that annoying part can just fall out. And if you happen to forget to put it back you won't realize it until you find the counterweight hiding under your desk after several happy incident free trips to the range.

7. tumbleweed1954

tumbleweed1954 Member

Might need to 'lubricate' the part with Super Glue :D

8. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Your C9 rattles when you walk? Is it strapped to your ankle? :eek:

9. cicpup

Vermont
    No, but he sho' do shake dat ass.