C9 mag in a 995

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by shotsfired, Jun 15, 2015.

1. shotsfired

shotsfired Member

OK< so I hear the c9 mag won't work in a 995 due to the large base, but that's what we all want on our 995 mags right?
    A larger base!
    SO, has anyone tried to mod the c9 mag base OR the 995 mag well to make this work ???

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Uhm, i dont think ive EVER seen a single post about wanting a larger base on the 995 mags.
    Higher capacity yes, but just a larger base? Nope, dont think we all really ever worried much about that.

3. colthrash

colthrash Member

does your c9 base look like a battery pack on a drill, or does it have a small finger extension? and is the carbine a 995 or a 995ts

4. shotsfired

shotsfired Member

I am sad to say I sold my c9 so I don't have the mag anymore.
    I got a couple of the Longshot mag bumpers and they are better, but on his website he has a carbine with the big base (like a cordless drill) http://www.ebay.com/itm/STUFF-for-H...035?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4197b94e33

Maybe it's a .40 or .45 carbine, I don't know but i want them on my 995.
    These 995 mags are just a pain to get in and out and it just aint spodda be thataway....

5. rippinryno

rippinryno Well-Known Member

I'm am with ya shotsfired, i think i would like it better if they had extensions that stuck out so it was easer to get it to click in. THey sit flush mount inside the grip therefore you have to almost press them with a thumb or finger to get them to go all the way in. You can just put the mag in and smack it like i do every handgun i own.

6. shotsfired

shotsfired Member

Yeah, that's what i mean, it's weird, and no reason for it/
    If I remember right even the c9 mag sicks out below the grip.
    These bumpers I got from longshot do make it easier, you just drive 2 screws thru the bumper and into the floor plate, but I still wan the big ones.