Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help..

I was pushing my C9 magazine follower spring down into the magazine with the butt end of a Bic ball point point pin so I could lock it down with something in the side hole to measure the the mag lips to see if they are holding the adjustments I made to them about a month ago and the follower went backward in the magazine. It took a lot of work to get the follower back into place and now I can only load seven rounds into the magazine. It will not accept the eighth round. It looks like possibly the follower is still not completely parrallel to the floor, like it still might be tilted back a little to much. Also can't tell for sure but the spring might be caught a bit in the front of the follower.

Is there anyway to take the magazine apart so I can see if I can try and correct the problem ?

Any other suggestions

this saturday this gun was shooting so good. shot 135 rounds with three different brands of FMJ ammo -> rem UMC, Blazer aluminum and Mag tech and not one feed problem. the last 335 rounds have been problem free since adjusting the lips.

thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
You can take the magazine apart from the bottom .. Turn the magizine so your looking at the bottom of the plastic piece. you will see two slits .. Take a small screw driver and push it between the plastic and the metal part of the clip . This will relemove the base from the clip .. The spring will come out and then the fguide.. make any adjustments then re-assemble in reverse order . I lube mine prior to re-assembly .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zaostar2

thanks for taking the time to post how to disassemble the magazine..I appreciate it

per your instructions, I disassembled the mag, then reseated the spring up against the follower as it should be, reassembled and now it works like a champ. The mag now takes eight rounds no problem and I can tell the follower is positioned as it should be. I suspect the spring was slightly caught under the front of the follower causing the problems.

As I stated previously, the C9's been shooting great since I adjusted the mag lips slightly. I also have let the mag stay fully loaded for about three weeks and when I shot the 135 rounds Saturday almost all of the shooting was with the mag fully loaded with all eight rounds, and as stated before no feed problems. With no feed problems for the last 335 rounds I'm going to call it reliable enough for personal protection if needed. And it's definitely a plinkers dream gun for the price ($150 + tax)...

again...thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can take the magazine apart from the bottom .. Turn the magizine so your looking at the bottom of the plastic piece. you will see two slits .. Take a small screw driver and push it between the plastic and the metal part of the clip . This will relemove the base from the clip .. The spring will come out and then the fguide.. make any adjustments then re-assemble in reverse order . I lube mine prior to re-assembly .
+1. I had this same thing happen to a 10 round mag a while back. I took off the bottom and reassembled. Worked fine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Talk about great customer service!!!!!
Or you can do this:

"Thanks Shirley.

Question for you - the reason I ordered the 2 additional mags was because one of mine failed miserably during a jam and the only way to un-jam the .380 was to pry out the shells. The mag would not eject. In the process I ruined the mag. I believe the problem was caused by a really bad round. In all fairness, is this something I need to send in and is it covered under your warranty? I'm not trying to take advantage of your warranty and have included pics of the mag if you have any doubts. Guidance appreciated.

By the way, the .380 has performed flawlessly and I'm VERY pleased.

Regards,
Craig "

"Craig,
Please send the defective magazine to:
Beemiller Inc.
1015 Springmill Rd.
Mansfield, Ohio 44906

Please include your return address and a note of the problem and we will send you a new magazine.

Please visit our factory website at http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net. You can purchase your accessories online or call our toll-free number, 1-866-948-4867 if you prefer talking to a person. Watch for our new website it is currently under construction. "

Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.