Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would say this has been answered before, but when I did a search I gave up after about 5 pages of not seeing an answer to my question, so I apologize if I am :dead:

Gun:C9
Mag: Stock 8 round, Fully Loaded
Issue: When I press the mag release, the mag does not drop out of the gun. If I understand correctly when you press the release the mag should fall out of the gun. When I press the release on my JHP it falls out and would hit the ground if you didn't catch it.

Is this a common problem? Is it even a problem? Fix?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
638 Posts
Does the mag come out if you pull on it or is it stuck? My mag wouldn't just release and fall out until just recently. I do not think it is a failure, but just something that needs to break in a little.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Afternoon Trinot1911,
I had problems with mine a while ago but fixed it.
First question,,, Does the release button release the mag?
(does it come out a lil then stick or is the release button not releasing it at all)

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Evenin Trinot1911,
k, try settin you mag lips like this. I think that is what's holdin it in.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Mine has over 2000 rounds thorugh it, and it drops about 1.5 inches...

Dp

·
Registered
663 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Drops about 3/8 to half an inch and stops. You can pull it out the rest of the way with no problems, so that's what I do. The gun works great with that one exception and I just go with it. Besides If I ever accidentally hit the mag release the mag will only move a little and I wont have to go scrambling for it to get it back in the gun. Just pop it with the heal of the hand to reset and you are ready to go.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have the same problem. I've noticed it only happens when I don't tap the mag when inserting it. Give it a good slap when inserting the mag and when you get ready to drop it, it'll fall out like butter :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought I noticed that milcop. You are most definitely correct. When I put the magazine in easily, but it is still fully in, it doesn't drop. Give it a good shove in and it drops right out. Odd..... :brow:

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Hold up, man. If I understand the "problem" correctly. You mean your FULL magazine won't drop out? I thought I had a problem with that too, but the "problem" is science.
The mag is this wide w/out bullets ----
The mag is this wide w/ bullets -----
Think about it, 8 bullets compressing the spring, pushing it out to the sides of the mag... I went "oh..duh".

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let me try it without bullets. I wouldn't think the spring pushes out on the sides of the mag, thought it would push on the bottom of the mag. Ill post results with empty mag in a minute.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
It could be as simple as a small piece of plastic inside the mag well.
Take a good look inside with a flashlight & see if there is any protrusion.
You can also get a drop or two of oil in there on the mag catch to slick it up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn't have that problem with the original mag, but I did with the two 10rd mags I got. I phoned the gunsmith I bought them through, and also told him they miked out about 0.010" wider. He said that difference was insignificant, and gave me simple advice to fix the problem.

Wipe down the "sticking" mag(s) with alcohol to remove any lube, then run it in and out of the mag well repeatedly (he said 15 or 16 times; I did a bit more) to slightly abrade the surfaces. Wipe on a new light coat of lube, and see how it drops.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
My 8 round mag drops out empty. The two 10 rounder's drop ~½" and stop, but all but fall out when I give them a slight nudge. To tell you the truth, I don't see an issue unless you intend on getting into a heated battle where you're gonna go through 25-30 rounds in a hurry. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.