C9 Magazines

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Corelogik, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Corelogik

Corelogik Member

So, here come the newb questions I promised.

I bought a couple of extra 8 round mags for my C9 when I bought the pistol. My question is what are the 10 rounders like? Are they the same as the carbine ones or do they have the big extended base pad?

If anyone has a picture or two, it would be helpful.

TIA

~Core

2. The 10rd mags for the C9 have a big grip extension on them and the 995 don't I use 10rd 995 mags with some electrical tape because I don't like the big grip extension so Im making a custom grip extension

3. Corelogik

Corelogik Member

Does the 995 mag sit flush or is their a big gap between the grip and the base plate?

4. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

the 995 mags fit flush.

5. Corelogik

Corelogik Member

I just re-read my post and maybe I wasn't clear. If I was and you answered my apologies.

I wanted to know if the mags for the 995 will fit flush to the grip of my C9 or if there is a gap. If they do fit flush, excellent, if not I will deal with the big base plate. I would rather have an extra inch of grip than a gap that feels funky.

6. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

oh no 995 mags will not fit flush with the c9, they hang out a inch or so.. and kinda dangle.

they are not recommended because they dangle around a bit but they might work in a pinch.

if you want 10rnd mags for the c9 you'll have to get the extended mags with the spacer/grip extension thang.

personally i like my mags flush fit.

7. Corelogik

Corelogik Member

So do I.

I will live with the extension though to gain the extra 2 rounds. Honestly, I could use a little extra grip area. The extensions on the .40 & the .45 hang a bit, but on the C9 I think it will be just about right.

Thanks for the info :wink:

8. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Yup you'll like the 10 rounders they are comfortable under any circumstance. DO NOT use 995 mags as they don't have the base to keep the mags from wiggling [from Hi Point themselves]. I have 3 8 rndsrs and 2 10 rnders and they ALL work great for me and I use mine for work[armed security].

9. well unless you make your own custom grip extension such as I did with some electrical tape until I can find something else to mold a permanent grip

10. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member