Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie to HiPoint ownership here.

Just received my new C9, couldn't resist the sale price so jumped on the HiPoint wagon.
I saw a C9 on a Proxibid Auction house sell last month at $450 plus 18% and shipping!!!!!
I've followed HiPoint for years but thought now was the time to get something! I deferred on the 380 due to the price/availability of ammo, 9mm more practical. Still learning about this pistol.
One thing I noticed is the slide stop lever is a little difficult to 1. get the slide to go all the way rearwards to engage the slide stop and 2. difficult to disengage with my thumb without using my other hand to help move slide rearwards slightly, works fine one handed in safety mode. 3. the slide stop/safety lever seems recessed a lot. I think I'd like the older design that had the lever that was a little further outside the frame to get more thumb pressure on it. All my other pistols with slide stops can be disengaged with just my thumb.
Will things get better with "break in" time????
All in all pretty happy with the pistol.
Surprised at the increase in the carbine prices!
Unfortunately due to the COVID stuff my Dr. Daughter put me on "house arrest" last March after a cardiac procedure (super high risk category), so range time is still undetermined.
I found the thread for the rail mount (thanks!) and jumped on that right away, old eyes are gonna need some help.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
It's not a 1911. It's not made to be released that way. Curious? What great sale price was that $130 gun?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not a 1911. It's not made to be released that way. Curious? What great sale price was that $130 gun?
Ok thanks for that bit of advice, I said I couldn't resist the sale price never said it was "great" and certainly was lower than MSRP around here for new or used. I don't see them anywhere NEW for $130 where do you see them for $130 new?

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New Hampshire
Not here in New Mexico, never have seen a new unused OR used one here for that price, congratulations I'm happy you can buy firearms cheaply there.
As I mentioned in my original post, following the auctions they are selling for crazy prices, not including premiums and shipping. Considerably more than what I paid.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Not here in New Mexico, never have seen a new unused OR used one here for that price, congratulations
So what did it cost you?

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Unimportant, you've already indicated I screwed up and paid too much at any price point.
Below $200 and above $100.
Relax. I'm just fuckin' with ya. Actually last time I priced one it was closer to $150. I'm just curious as to how much political bullshit has pumped up the price?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Relax. I'm just fuckin' with ya. Actually last time I priced one it was closer to $150. I'm just curious as to how much political bullshit has pumped up the price?
Thanks, ok I can relax now!:) It was $179 delivered which if you factor in no shipping (yeah somebodies paying for it somewhere) and no sales tax, would probably put it in the $140 to $150 range I guess. I prefer to buy new if affordable compared to the beat up used stuff I've seen here for almost the same price. I don't have an 01 FFL any longer so have to pay transfer fee of OMG $15 and no waiting period!!!! Moved to New Mexico from Kommiefornica 3 years ago where transfer fees range from $50-$100!! A few are more reasonable but few and far between. Plus backround check to buy ammo there. Glad I brought the 45 cans of ammo with me!!!!
Check price and availability on the carbines.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,949 Posts
You know, usually cic doesn't say he's F'n with ya, so that's a good start!!!

$179 is definitely not bad for today's climate, you did fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know, usually cic doesn't say he's F'n with ya, so that's a good start!!!

$179 is definitely not bad for today's climate, you did fine.
Thanks, been a long time since I was a newbie on a forum, never know how you'll be received, although been member of this forum since 2016, just never had reason to post anything before now.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
It was $179 delivered
That's not bad. It's what the JCP/JHP is going for around here. With the auction price you quoted I was worried you dropped $250 - $300 and thought you did good.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Thanks, been a long time since I was a newbie on a forum, never know how you'll be received, although been member of this forum since 2016, just never had reason to post anything before now.
Why is it so called "long time lurkers" are always surprised to discover that I'm an asshole? Do they not pay attention?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's not bad. It's what the JCP/JHP is going for around here. With the auction price you quoted I was worried you dropped $250 - $300 and thought you did good.
I've been watching prices on a lot of stuff recently and was stunned when that one C9 went for $450 plus premium and shipping would have put it at or over $500! Yikes!
Most are in the $200 range plus fees and shipping.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,949 Posts
Why is it so called "long time lurkers" are always surprised to discover that I'm an asshole? Do they not pay attention?
^^^ Truth!!! Made me laugh!! Thanks needed that before I hit the sack.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Only checked in occasionally over the years never followed threads so unlike other Forums I'm on I don't know who's who will get there eventually.

·
Premium Member
35,651 Posts
Unimportant, you've already indicated I screwed up and paid too much at any price point.
Below $200 and above $100.
That's normal price in much of America.
Welcome to the group!

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Most are in the $200 range plus fees and shipping.
Yeah, and shipping and FFL fees typically add $$$ on top of whatever you finally score on an online auction. I got spoiled by my prior Mom & Pop FFL up in mAss, they did my transfers gratis. Here in Floriduh, I'm getting hit with $25 per gun transfer.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts