C9 Not Digesting Zombiemax ammo?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Armynurse, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Armynurse

Armynurse Member

OK, I normally shoot winchester white box 115 grain HPs in my CP and it digests them without a problem. But I cannot pass up a sale, and a local big box retailer was getting rid of Hornady Zombiemax ammo pretty cheap. I tried some and my C9 acted like a cat coughing up a furball. It isn't the mag because when I loaded up the WWB 115 grainers next, the C9 ran wonderfully. I'm not interested in taking a dremel tool to the gun for two reasons: (1) there are some pretty smart machinists and engineers at Hi Point making these pistols and they know more than me, and (2) as Clint Eastwood said, "A man has to know his limitations." I'm not a gunsmith--give me a gun and I can reassemble it--just don't expect dremel tools, torches, drills and such out of me. That being said, it's a free country, and if you modified YOUR C9, I'm cool with it. But I was wondering....anybody have problems with Zombiemax in their C9? Zombiemax makes good plinking ammo by the way...the groups are tight...probably because my C9 becomes a single shot pistol with them.

2. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

What weight? What kind of jams are you getting?

Armynurse likes this.

3. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Probably just doesn't like the steep angle of the ammunition but prefers the slope of the FMJs

Armynurse likes this.
  4. TNTRAILERTRASH

He says WWB 115HP's............. the Zombie IIRC is the XTP with a green tip. It feeds in my finicky PSA 9mm carbines.

Armynurse likes this.
  5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That’s odd. My C9 has no issues with XTP reloads, they are the same shape, IIRC?

The easy answer is, use the Zmax in another gun, and stick with what works in the C9.

Rerun and Armynurse like this.
  6. Armynurse

Armynurse Member

I think it was 125 grainers with the pointy tip and the polymer nose, sort of like the critical defense stuff, only the polymer tip is green instead of red. It is doing the classic stovepipe, straight up like a chimney. It never does that with other HPs or with other FMJ ammo. Just the zombiemax.

7. Armynurse

Armynurse Member

Good point. But I probably won't use the Zmax at all, because once I lose faith in something, I don't get that particular type again. Been that way with hunting dogs, women and pickup trucks too. Good talking to you TNTRAILERTRASH. Btw, I doubled the value of my doublewide--added a central AC unit to deal with this NC 100 degree heat. I was doing ok with window units, but got tired of staying up until midnight waiting till the room cooled off enough to sleep. My trailer might even be worth $20 grand now.

Rerun and ajole like this.
  8. TNTRAILERTRASH

We talked? o_O

[​IMG]

9. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    See post #6 above (at least) ............

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Dude...admit it...you’ve been married after less than that.:D

Twisty, adam01364 and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  11. Armynurse

Armynurse Member

We
    well we typed back and forth for a few months. You gave advice on c-c-w of hi point c9

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

Did I say, "better options out there?"

Armynurse likes this.
  13. Armynurse

Armynurse Member

Yep, that’s what you said. Then I complained about Charlotte NC and I think that made a moderator of the forum mad. But I don’t recall details as to the exact reason. At my age I am doing good to recall what I ate for breakfast! Anyway, the boss that sent me to Charlotte retired, so I will stay east of Raleigh NC for the near future. So no more need to conceal the c9. It is a home defense gun now.

14. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

There's two of us. 1 Admin (me), and one mod. Neither give a rat's ass about Charlotte. I've hated going there ever since getting stationed on Lejeune.

I'm actually in Hampstead, NC right now. Be out at N. Topsail Beach tomorrow. Leaving for NY on Sunday.

Armynurse likes this.
  15. Armynurse

Armynurse Member

Rachgier, thanks for your service devil dog. There was a monument in hampstead on the right going to wilmington from jville that said, “George Washington slept here on his tour of the southeast u.s.” right under a big live oak. as a kid, I always wondered if that was a sea story as the marines call them. Is the marker still there? It was about a mile down from a restaurant that served really good pancakes. I wish I could describe all this stuff better, but I was maybe 6 years old, and that was 50 years ago.

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

And you're complaining about being old and forgetful on other threads? Get off the statins! They're killing your memory.

Armynurse likes this.
  17. Armynurse

Armynurse Member

Lol actually I am on tricor, technically not a statin. Helps clear the Waffle House residue from the arteries.