Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

C9 Not Digesting Zombiemax ammo?

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Armynurse 
#1 ·
OK, I normally shoot winchester white box 115 grain HPs in my CP and it digests them without a problem. But I cannot pass up a sale, and a local big box retailer was getting rid of Hornady Zombiemax ammo pretty cheap. I tried some and my C9 acted like a cat coughing up a furball. It isn't the mag because when I loaded up the WWB 115 grainers next, the C9 ran wonderfully. I'm not interested in taking a dremel tool to the gun for two reasons: (1) there are some pretty smart machinists and engineers at Hi Point making these pistols and they know more than me, and (2) as Clint Eastwood said, "A man has to know his limitations." I'm not a gunsmith--give me a gun and I can reassemble it--just don't expect dremel tools, torches, drills and such out of me. That being said, it's a free country, and if you modified YOUR C9, I'm cool with it. But I was wondering....anybody have problems with Zombiemax in their C9? Zombiemax makes good plinking ammo by the way...the groups are tight...probably because my C9 becomes a single shot pistol with them.

#2 ·
What weight? What kind of jams are you getting?

Reactions: Armynurse
#6 ·
I think it was 125 grainers with the pointy tip and the polymer nose, sort of like the critical defense stuff, only the polymer tip is green instead of red. It is doing the classic stovepipe, straight up like a chimney. It never does that with other HPs or with other FMJ ammo. Just the zombiemax.

#4 ·
He says WWB 115HP's............. the Zombie IIRC is the XTP with a green tip. It feeds in my finicky PSA 9mm carbines.

Reactions: Armynurse
#7 ·
That's odd. My C9 has no issues with XTP reloads, they are the same shape, IIRC?

The easy answer is, use the Zmax in another gun, and stick with what works in the C9.
Good point. But I probably won't use the Zmax at all, because once I lose faith in something, I don't get that particular type again. Been that way with hunting dogs, women and pickup trucks too. Good talking to you TNTRAILERTRASH. Btw, I doubled the value of my doublewide--added a central AC unit to deal with this NC 100 degree heat. I was doing ok with window units, but got tired of staying up until midnight waiting till the room cooled off enough to sleep. My trailer might even be worth $20 grand now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.