C9 nothing but problems

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Andrew5stars, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Andrew5stars

Andrew5stars Member

When I got this gun it seemed to fire good but after 100 rounds or so it seems to not load or fire at least one time per mag that I load I have a stock 8 round and 1 10 round I've tried all kinds of ammo and sometimes it will shoot fine and then the next time it can barley make it through the mag without stopping every other round

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

May need to polish the ramp or tweak the mag lips a bit, otherwise there really isn't much that can be wrong with it...only has like eight parts lol.

If all else fails you can send it back to the factory and they will get it running right or give you another along with a free magazine just because.

3. panoz77

panoz77 Member

What is it doing exactly? Do the rounds jam on the feed ramp? Sounds like a magazine issue. Does it do the same thing with both mags?

You may just need to adjust your feed lips and make sure the rounds are seated to the back of the magazine when you load it. First round should be nosed up.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Also, is the firing pin bent?

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Questions that need to e asked before adjusting mag lips or polishing feed ramps.
    1) Is the gun new or used?
    2) Do you have more than 1 magazine, is the problem consistent with all magazines? If you have the same problem with multiple mags, it usually a gun issue
    3) Have you tried using different brands of ammo? Some ammo works better than others
    Possible other solutions could be firing pin, ejector?

I have had the same problem on several of the used guns, most times a new ejector & firing pin fixed the problem. No mag tweets or ramp polishing needed.

6. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I think he said both an 8 and 10 round mag and all types of ammo he has used.

7. tim

tim Member

Go on YouTube & watch Hi Point videos by J Dalton on mag spring fix's. He's a gunsmith & knows his stuff. He has one video on tweaking the mag spring that will take care of the problem

8. panoz77

panoz77 Member

How do you know it is the mag spring? OP needs to give some more info before he starts bending and tweaking anything, could just make things worse.

9. Andrew5stars

Andrew5stars Member

Yes I've tried at least 6 different types of ammo and for some reason at random times it jams weather it's two rounds in trying to load at the same time or one round doesn't fully eject and sometimes the next round doesn't make it to the right position and points up. I bought the gun brand new last year but only have had the time to fire it on 3-4 occasions it seemed like the first 100 or so rounds I never had a problem. I'm not sure about the firing pin does it bend on its own after only a few hundred rounds? I never dropped it. Thanks I was just Checking on here if anyone has suggestions before I decided to get rid of it

10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Just for illustration purposes.
    Take your empty gun and lock the slide back and secure it with the safety.
    Now look at the chamber, feed ramp and the exposed firing pin.
    The extractor on the slide pulls and empty shell back and it 'bounces' off the exposed firing pin.
    That is how an empty shell is ejected.
    With a bend pin it may not 'bounce' clear of the ejection port and get stuck when the next round is loaded.

It's easy for the firing pin to get bent with a double feed. So a bad mag can cause a double feed which can cause a bent firing pin which will cause additional failures to feed.

Now you start grinding away at feed ramps, bending your mag lips in and out and nothing will fix it.....

Because the firing pin is bent.
    HP will send you a new pin for free.

11. Andrew5stars

Andrew5stars Member

So basically I should try to get a new firing pin just to see if that will help? If a "bad mag" Might have caused this won't it just happen again? Or can I send my 10 round mag in for replacement? I noticed no problems till I starting using the 10 round now that you mention it. But now even with the 8 round it is malfunctioning. Sometimes it doesn't stay locked open after the last round with my stock mag

12. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Mail in the mags and ask for replacements, might cost you $4 at USPS. Then also on your note request a firing pin and springs. Or you can just call and ask for the firing pin and springs.