Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody!

Just wants to shear my range expirience from first time shooting of Hi Point C9
I made my choise to purchase C9 because this is fixed barrel pistol and all my other pistols has floted (lockable) barrel
Gun balanced very vell and does not does not feel like polimer pistol (Glock, HK....)

I get Winchester JRN 115 gr ammo and put my target on 15 yards
After first shoot I been on paper and low left.
after adjusting of rear sight, horizontal alignment was ok, but it still shoot low.
During the first 50 rounds, I had 2 time situation when ammo was not been pushed to the chamber 100% and slide did not close right - been stock about 3/4 of inch from the barrel end.
Also I finded grip very slippy and thinking to put somthing on
Trigger guard has some sharp point right under trigger and when I pull the trigger, I have feeling that I toching nife and cuting the skin.

I also ask other person on the range to shoot my C9 and share his opinon
He did shoot 10 rounds, but was not able to hit target at 15 yards at all.

My opinion about C9:

- This gun requere a lot of improvments, but good for money and good for training.

My recommendation for improvments:

Put "Sand Paper" on grip cheek
Polish trigger guard inside
Polish loading ramp
Change color of 2 dots on rear sight from red to wihte (mutch with front side)
And of cause trigger work - reduce overtravel and make it more smooth
(may be good idea to put aluminum or bronze)

I will be interesting in any information for C9 modifications.

Best regards,

Alex

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your first experience with the C9 pistol.

It is a very good pistol, be patient with it and you will grow to love yours as the rest of us do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trigger

Hello,
My first time on here. I also just got the 9mm. I had the same exact concerns as you. Way to much trigger pull. Feels like atleast 3 steps in there. Please experts, tell me how to fix this long drawn out jerky trigger pull.
Jim

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
First of all the gun needs to break in.... second you really need to exercise your finger :lol: they are rough at first but not that bad!! you can take it apart and lightly sand the contact points on the trigger linkage with 1000 grit sand paper. Then apply copper anti seize with a q-tip to the contact points! However do not mess with the sear or sear spring :!: :!:

NOTE you only need a slight film of anti seize on the contact points!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
c9 barrel break

Hello Everybody

Thank you for your comments

What is recommendation for barrel break process on C9

Best regards,

Alex

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Re: c9 barrel break

Hello Everybody

Thank you for your comments

What is recommendation for barrel break process on C9

Best regards,

Alex
UMMM shoot it lots :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.