Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

C9 Prices in Milwaukee, WI Vicinity?

5K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  cbaltz123 
#1 ·
Hope this is okay for this forum, lot's of conversation about prices!

Now I know why!

Only Dealer left in Milwaukee handleing Hi-Point wants $229 plus tax and background check for a C-9 Compact, and cheap old %^& that I am ... that seems high. As it happens, I don't think much of this particular shop anyhow, so I'm sure they're padding things "just a tad."

This is a shop that wants a minimum of $100 for transfering an out of state purchase.

Actually i won't buy anything from these guys anyhow unless I'm sure that it's a fair price, they shafted me to the tune of $100 about 7 years ago, and I aint gonna give them a second shot. Especially as I'm looking at buying two.

I know there are a number of members here from WI. and SE WI in particular, and I'd appreciate it if anyone knows of better prices w/in reasonable driving distance (an hour or so) of the Milwaukee area.

Thanks to all who respond,

Regards,
:)

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Not from the area, but that does seem high. Going price for a new c-9 here is in the $160's. Comes with trigger lock and 1 mag...

For that price I'd expect some accessories with it (extra mag, case, holster etc..)

#5 ·
5k, I'm from your area. Would you mind letting me know who's trying to rip you off so I can avoid them? I don't have any info on the c9 prices in the area sadly, just the 995/4095's. If you don't want to post the name in a public forum, PM works as well, but it's cool if you don't want to do that either :p

#6 ·
PM sent eqfan592.

Thanks for the reply guys! I appreciate it.

realHP, yes I tried that lookup.

Only listed the Bozo's I mentioned in Milwaukee, of four listings in Racine, Kenosha, and Burlington (Nearby smaller cities, up to 35 miles away) I got two no answers at all. one answering machine and one bad number. "Cant be connected as dialed".

I suspect HP doesn't spend a lot of time keeping those lists current, ( really, why should they?) and rely on the dealer to let them know of changes. I suppose some do and some don't.

I've never handled the current pistols except my .45 and i got that from a dealer 50 miles away, he's O/S at present and I just wanted to get ahold of a C9 compact and check the prices closer to home.

No Luck so far I guess, I'll drive to those other places later this week and see what the story is.

Just posted in case the guys here knew of a decent dealer closer and could save me some of this fooling around!

Regards,

#7 ·
Pay no more than $129 for a C9; occasionally we can get them here for $99!

Why are they charging for a background check? It's a free phonecall to a central agency where they read in your SSN and get a GO-NO GO. I'm amazed how people get ripped off by some of these sporting goods stealers!

#8 ·
Thanks for the info Mr. Grizzfan, appreciate it!

Due to the strong leftist and anti gun pols in this State, (and they own Milwaukee and most of the county) They drove all the dealers out of Milwaukee proper years ago, one or two left in the 'burbs, but since Wal-Mart stopped selling firearms, there's no competition at all.

Basically both the dealers left in the county feel thay have a license to steal, as in "Dont like it? Then go somwhere else." which of course most of us do.

Some good dealers in the surrounding counties but even one or two of them have the attitude that you have to do business with them.

Couple of kitchen table dealers that are good guys, but they always have to order and always hard to get ahold of except at shows.

Tried to get ahold of the "full time but has other businesses" guy I got my 45 from, he's a hoot, but that's a different story, no answer at either business or on his personal cell phone.

But now you've given me an idea about proper pricing, I've at least got a starting place.

Thanks!

Regards,

#10 ·
Thanks for the tip and the response Mr. Deadscott!

I do appreciate it. Especially the price info.

Actually I've known Wally and the more long term staff there for quite a few years. Used to spend quite a bit there, but since they stopped handling new longarms except for "Evil Black rifles" the place has had a different flavor.

Never saw or had them drop a price from what they had listed, but it's worth a try.

Have to pick a time when the place isn't full of ATFE, Coppers, Deputies, Security Guards and Gangbangers girlfriends trying to buy for their boyfriends, filling up all the seats at the counter and BSing each other. :D

Can get hard to get waited on there sometimes.
Maybe if I go in early in the morning on a Wednesday or Thursday:)

Not my favorite place, but that price is a little more reasonable than what they mark and quote.

Thanks very much for the response, definitely a consideration!

Should get ahold of the guy that traded me my new JHP45, before I do anything and see what he can come up with.

I've been selling off my collection and he bought a dozen pieces and some surplus ammo. I've got some ammo left he wants, maybe we can work something out that way again.

But that means two round trips to Delavan, and at todays gas prices, Badger might be my best bet after all.

Something to ponder.

Regards,

#13 ·
I too am in the MKE area. Badger is not bad, but I won't buy from anyone in Milwaukee. Not sure about how far you want to drive, but there is a great Hi-Point dealer just outside of Wisconsin Rapids (Plainfield I believe) that has always been extremely friendly and decently priced. But that's a 3 hour drive... Other than that, Midwest Shooters Supply up in Lomira (a FANTASTIC shop to deal with, just bought a Beretta U22 Neos from them) sometimes has a used one come through but that's a long shot. I would also like to know which store is trying to rip us off so if you could PM the name along to me that would be great!

#14 ·
Thank You ZX11,, that helps , even if I can't shop there. :)

Kyu, PM sent!

and thanks to Wildman who gave me the name of a good dealer "up north", I've got friends in that area and I'll have them check it out. If I have to I can drive up and freeload off them while I wait out the "cooling off" period.

BTW, why do they call it a cooling off period when all it does is make me MORE ANGRY? :mad:

Thanks to all of you for responding!

Regards,

#15 ·
I too am in the Milwaukee area and had problems finding a C9. I laughed at Badger Guns and asked if it came with 500rds of ammo at their price.
I had one guy tell me a story about the 1800's with cowboys, indians and grizzly bears and how they had to buy the best guns they could.

I found a small shop in Grafton that is an authorized dealer. I called him and asked about the C9 and he was the first guy not to badmouth them and give me some long diatribe about how they are a brick with a handle that he wouldn't trust his life with it. He was quick to say they are pretty good guns and that they've never had one returned with a problem. They had all the hi-points on display and gave me a choice between a few new C9's. The price was $169, a little high but what I would expect due to the lack of hi-points in our area. It came out to $229 OTD with an extra 10rd mag and backround check. Not great but not bad in our area.

A1 Gunsmithing
1222 12th Ave, Grafton, WI
(262) 375-8480

#17 ·
Have you tried the retailer search on HP's website? They have a dealer locator their that lists them by state.
Yeah but the locator is about as usless as teats on a hog ! I have found at least 3 dealers in my range NOT listed on it.

My advice, start calling every gunshop you can find and just ask. I bet you will be surprised who has them.

Here's one for you Bradley Guns 920-836-8534 just east of Green Bay and "usually" has a fair selection and is fair. My 995 was only $185.

Also Sport Shop in Wild Rose, central WI. 715-622-3312

Also, Shawano Gun & Pawn Shawano, WI don't have the number handy.

Good luck in your search.

#21 ·
Murphy...

Would you happen to be out past Stanley???

#24 ·
Ahhh...I bought mine at C&C Pawn on Washington St. That's my 3rd gun I've bought from him

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.