Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be wierd but I have had fun trying to solve my C9 problems. I have a Beretta Neos 22 that I have put about 8000 rounds through since August without a hiccup, which is good news, but I also realize I really know nothing/zip about the workings of that pistol, just shoot it, clean it and put it away. The C9, on the other hand, I have grown to know pretty well...admittedly solving some problems that I have created myself, but that's another story...shipped it back once, had parts shipped to me the last time. Eventually solved a jamming problem (mostly change of ammo and putting more rounds thru, clean slide); failure to lock back after last round (fixed with new parts); magazine slipping down about a 1/2in. after last round (still occurs, but now very infrequently--am looking at the wire spring under right pistol grip). While I look at the Beretta as simply an efficient tool, I look at the C9 as more of an old friend--I helped it to work better, it helped me the learn more about semiautomatic pistols. If I had to sell my C9 I figure I would lose about $50--money well spent for valuable learning experiences.

Points to consider: I am retired so I have time to play around with this stuff and I only use it for target shooting.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I feel the same way. I kind of just jump into it when I have a problem with a firearm and am glad for having to do those little tweaks. If it wasn't for that, I would be in a bad position in a SHTF situation and have a 2 1/2 pound piece of metal to throw at someone.

·
Registered
586 Posts
There certainly is a certain satisfaction you get...also, when you can't go out and shoot for whatever reason, it's nice to be able to do something gun-related like taking it apart and having something to do with it when you take it apart.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to see other people feel the same way!

Hey Liberal
thought your picture icon was one of those "we're number ONE!" floppy finger things--then realized it was the outline of the State of New Hampshire :)

·
Registered
586 Posts

Hey Liberal
thought your picture icon was one of those "we're number ONE!" floppy finger things--then realized it was the outline of the State of New Hampshire :)
haha!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
rafleming37, that there's a healthy attitude to have! I don't know near enough about my HP's cause I'm one of the fortunate ones whose guns sang right out of the box. Good for you!

·
Registered
222 Posts

Hey Liberal
haha!
I thought the same thing untill I read this. That's bad.

·
Registered
586 Posts

Hey Liberal
haha!
I thought the same thing untill I read this. That's bad.
ehhh, a bit, maybe I should alter it with an arrow pointing to the state saying "New Hampshire"

·
Registered
222 Posts
LOL. that might just work. If it was the state of Ohio, I might have thought it was a heart not paying attention to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts