Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long post warning! So after buying a new C9 a few weeks ago I finally convinced my girlfriend to let my have some free time and go to the range with my crap talking gun snob buddies, who when they found out I bought a Hi Point unleashed a massive ball busting campaign that has yet to cease. So after being berated and picked on I decided that enough was enough and I was going to prove to them that my beloved C9 was not just a "pot metal fishing line weight" but a affordable pistol that can hold it's own. Well we had to share one lane because there was a handgun safety course going on (glad to see people are going to those). The first up was a dear friend of mine who had just purchased a new Springfield XD9 with 3 sixteen round mags, after he had released sixteen rounds with more vigor than a pimple faced teenager behind the trigger of a a full auto MP5 we reeled the target back in and to my amusement he had only put eight on paper out of sixteen. Keep in mind that this is 15 YARDS AWAY! So after I catch my breath I toed the line and put all eight in center mass and turned around with a grin from ear to ear only to be faced with a barrage of "oh you just got lucky" comments and "well my barrel is shorter than yours". So needless to say this same exact pattern when on for the full two hours of shooting, me with my "pot metal fishing weight" out shooting guns that cost more than my rent. So I will end this with a high note, even thought my friends still pick on me for buying a Hi Point, just know that every time I need a pick me up I just think of the embarrassed looks on my friends faces when we brought in our targets and my buddy asked me "where did you say you bought that?"

·
Registered
51 Posts
Kind of a satisfying feeling, isn't it? Glad you had a good day at the range. I go out to the range with a buddy who bought a S&W SW9VE about the same time I bought my C9. Each time we go out, my shots are on target and not too badly grouped. I'm no marksman, so I give all the credit to the gun. My buddy's paper looks like it was hit with a shotgun blast. I'm not implying anything against S&W's, but for a novice shooter, I'm impressed with the accuracy of the C9.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Part of the inherent accuracy is the fixed barrel and then next up is the weight of the slide which reduces muzzle flip.. Fun isn't it ... I shoot IDPA with my C9 some of the time and I get all of the crap but I consistently post better scores so who cares!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.