Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend came up from Knoxville today, and since it was so nice out, we decided to do a little shooting. He had never shot a pistol before, but has been considering purchasing one for HD, so I let him test drive my C9. Between the two of us, we burned through a 50 round box in a little under thirty minutes. I still only have one magazine, so we had to stop and reload after every 8 rounds, but this was good because it gave me a chance to help him with his grip, stance, etc. He did really well... at a distance of 25 feet, out of the 24 rounds he fired, he got 19 on paper. He loved the C9, too, especially the price. He is planning on going to his local gunshop tomorrow and seeing if they carry Hi-Points.

I enjoyed shooting the C9 also... I had one flier on the last mag (I was trying to burn through 8 rounds as quickly as I could pull the trigger), but got 25 shots on paper, but not a nice tight group like I am able to get with my JCP. I think I like the heft and feel of the .40 S&W a little better than the C9, but that may be just because I am so used to the JCP. Still, that's a total of one hundred rounds through the C9 without so much as a hiccup thus far. I would not hesitate to trust it to work in a HD situation.

On a related note, after we put the C9 away, we cut down a small pine tree with my SKS. While we were surveying the damage, he says to me "Gunny Highway was right... it does make a distinctive sound when fired." OK, so Gunny was talking about AK-47s... still, it seemed somewhat apropos.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Yesterday was a great day to be out pushing lead. Sounds like you and your friend had a great time. I'm going out today to push some lead.

If your friend can't find any Hi-Points in the Knoxville area several stores in the Cookeville area have them. It would be an hour drive over here. Outdoor Junction right on the interstate carries them. He can find them cheaper at Stacy's Outdoor World in Red Boiling Springs but it is about 30 minutes more driving. He can look on golsn.com for the ones at Stacy's Outdoor World and see their prices.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 2TN Mules, I'll let him know that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts