Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just had a quick question. I was cleaning my C9 the other day, and when I was banging out the slide retaining pin. I was wondering if the slot can be stripped and the pin fall out? It hasn’t happened but I was just curious on how long before that slot gets stripped or if it does at all. Thanks.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Premium Member
9,440 Posts
I've never heard of that hole being stripped out before. I believe there's metal inside the hole that the doll's head drops into, and that metal is going to be a lot harder than the metal in that role pin, so it won't strip out.

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
@Wiseguy530 Yes it can get wallowed out, which is why they don't recommend a full break/takedown until 3k rounds or more. You're sliding metal through plastic using a punch by repeatedly applying physical force. They also don't recommend switching to an oversized aftermarket screw instead of the factory pin, because you're cutting threads in to plastic and ultimately removing frame material at the rear of the frame at a higher stress point due to the applied forces of recoil.

@Think1st the hole in the frame is all plastic and we had one idiot try to tap the hole for the pin to screw conversion and double down on stupid by going in at an angle, then trying the next size up screw. Never knew what happened to him because he got laughed off the forum like an Mcarbo spring user trying to defend his choices...

·
Premium Member
9,440 Posts
@Wiseguy530 Yes it can get wallowed out, which is why they don't recommend a full break/takedown until 3k rounds or more. You're sliding metal through plastic using a punch by repeatedly applying physical force. They also don't recommend switching to an oversized aftermarket screw instead of the factory pin, because you're cutting threads in to plastic and ultimately removing frame material at the rear of the frame at a higher stress point due to the applied forces of recoil.

@Think1st the hole in the frame is all plastic and we had one idiot try to tap the hole for the pin to screw conversion and double down on stupid by going in at an angle, then trying the next size up screw. Never knew what happened to him ... .
Flash photography Eyewear Font Event Monochrome photography

1 - 5 of 5 Posts