Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ok i've been reading for a bit before i re registered but didn't have much luck on finding any info on this topic so if i missed it i apologize.

Bottom line is that i'm considering the C9 with the comp. However i have a few questions & thoughts. First off if anyone has one i'd love to hear from you, I know the 9mm doesn't have much recoil at all (i use to own an old old C9) but my girl is shooting now & the idea of heavy recoil still spooks her so even if it doesn't actually work very well the idea of it being there can ease her mind. Thus the first question, how is it attached? is it like the carbine comp that slides over the barrel & locked in with set screws? The other thing is that with it being the end of the year AND the major gun scare its near impossible to find one of them. Having said that if this comp is removable could it be purchased after the fact from Hi Point directly?? The reason I ask is that my local gun shop has one C9 actually sat back for me until tomorrow thats the Kershaw limited kit, its the only new C9 they've had in a while & i figured at the least i'd pick it up, as i love Kershaw knives anyhow (and its the 3.65" Snitch (i think is the name of it) with custom HP logo on it. Getting to my last point ..because its a kit you don't get the 10 rnd mag just the 8, I have already read over several posts that say using 995 mags in the C9 is a bad idea,...which honestly breaks my heart because i was hoping for the interchangeability between the two firearms & was the main reason why i started looking into the HP in the first place ...its not to say its a total deal breaker but well if anyone has any other idea's i'd be more than happy to hear them

Thank you for your time in reading this

Wulf
Lupine Nobilis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: C9 with Comp? or any one own any Hi Point Pistol with the compensator?

Hrm, Looks like no one has the compensated model. Oh well not too surprising I've realized i was very lucky in actually finding any new High Point in my specific area people are snatching up everything they can afford as soon as they can afford it. I put the Kershaw pistol kit in lay away and have it all squared away minus some tax & Xfer fee's ..i'm hoping by mind Jan it will be my new CCW, now to hopefully find a lefty holster

Thank you for reading anyhow ;)

Wulf
Lupine Nobilis

·
Registered
128 Posts
I own a comp (tho selling it right now, in fact).

A few words (trying to be objective here):
> The compensator slides onto the end of the barrel, which is about 0.5 inches longer than the c9. It is secured by an allen screw that is positioned under the barrel and seated in a "niche" in the underside of the barrel.

> I'm not sure about buying separately. As far as I'm aware - the main difference between the c9 and the comp is the barrel and summarily the compensator that attaches to the barrel.

> The effectiveness of the compensator - I'm not sure about either. I regularly fire other 9mm HG's (to include the Berretta and Glock) - I haven't really noticed a difference, myself.

Hope this is helpful.

Tbone

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
i own a comp, and you can no tadd one. It is a different barrel alltogether. the recoil difference is really nil. i have tried side by side with my buddies c9.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you two for the replies I have a Kershaw kit laid away & will pick it up soon. Since the barrel is longer, it kills the idea of adding to. But having talked w/ my girl comp or not she seems comfortable enough w/ the idea of shooting it, its comfortable for her to hold and not too "overwhelming" to her (unlike my 1911 (due to weight ect)) so I think it will be ok, As I stated even if the comp was totally "useless" the idea of having it was solely to offer her more comfort & frame of mind. Either way she's never shot any 9mm and as I recall from my old C9 the recoil is very very manageable IMHO it'll be fine.

Besides the simple answer now is that if i fine one, just pick it up as well, She took the CCW class with me , so that way i can give her the choice...anyhow thank you two again :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Don't know if you do this - but I'd totally recommend using both inner ear and circum-aural muffs. It lessens the report to that of a thump. REALLY protects new shooters from cultivating flinching.

The recoil of a 9mm is negligible to the experienced shooter. However, I think it helps to have somebody hold the gun in firing position (cleared&safe! AND in a safe direction no less!) and the instructor (mainly you) bump the gun from the bottom to give the person an idea of what to expect. Don't try to surprise or scare them...it'll only hurt their shooting when it's go time. I believe it helps, because they start thinking "okay, not that bad at all" - vs being surprised on the firing line (and flinching).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts