Cabelas pistol mags?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by hpman, Dec 17, 2007.

1. hpman

hpman Guest

Does anyone have any experience with replacement mags from Cabelas? (pg 459 of the 2007 master catalog) The prices seem cheap. (ex. PT92 15 round $12.95, $18.75 at cheaperthandirt.com)

2. 1motion

1motion Guest

i used to work at cabelas and i can tell you that if it has a cabelas name on it someone else probably makes it.... dont know who though, my mom still works in customer service ill see if i can find out

3. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

thye look like crappy pro-mags to me.

SW

4. hpman

hpman Guest

I purchased a pro-mag 15 rnd mag for my pt92 at BassPro for $19. Took it to the range this weekend and fed about 45 rounds through it with no problems. If it didn't say pro-mag on the side I wouldn't have known the difference between it and my factory mag. The factory mags were $45 at BassPro so well worth the price for me. I don't have any experience with their mags for other guns and I've read the ones for HPs have problems. If the Cabelas are pro-mags and only $13, I'll probably pick up a couple extras.

5. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

The only pro-mag ive ever gotten to work well was for my beretta 21A. Ive had others for .45s, rugers, and some oddballs and none worked as advertised. Most required tweaking and some never did work.

SW