Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been to a lot of gun stores in my area looking
for my future Hi Point handgun.

No one seems to have the C9 in stock. They had plenty of
.380, .40 and 45's. I am thinking about getting the .40 as
the only downside to having it would be the added ammo
cost.

From reading about ammo it looks like the bullet is slightly
faster than the .45..but with the .45 making a larger hole?

I plan on getting my CCW but, I won't be using my Hi Point
for this. Mostly for target practice at the range and HD.

Anyone like the .40? or should I hold out for the 9mm? ^-^

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
I love my .40 and my 9mm, ammo cost in .40 is restrictive but I started reloading which is something you might consider, either way you would not be disappointed with a .40 very accurate firearm IMHO
out of the two I like my .40 more I think

·
Registered
37 Posts
I dunno what the prices for ammo where everyone else lives but ammo for my jcp 40 runs about $15.00 a box for american eagle at Mc Sporting goods by where I live.
I love my 40 cal, haven't had the pleasure of taking it oout to see what it likes to eat yet, but I actually like the way it looks now with the silver stripe down the side, the recoil can't be anywhere near my 44 mag wheel gun.

·
Registered
85 Posts
yea i agree with the forty over the 9mm also. like the heavier bullet. just my $0.02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont wuss out. Go for the .45. in true American spirit, Bigger is better!!!
Thats my thinking too. I got my eye on the .45...I don't think I would
be happy to settle for less.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting on the recoil--I always heard that a .40 has the recoil of a 9, but the damage of a .45. So the recoil on a .40 is really sharper than a .45? Hmmm....

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
IMHO go for the 45. Love mine, she is an expensive wench to keep but will become much cheaper when I begin reloading.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My .40 has little recoil, but I think that has a lot to do with the weight of the slide on the JCP. My brother's Springfield .40 kicks like a mule.

.45 or .40... Heck, just go ahead and buy both of 'em :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you don't mind the ammo cost of 40, I'd consider going ahead and getting the 45.

However, if I remember correctly, the 40 uses the same magazines as the 40 cal carbine. If you were ever thinking of getting a carbine as well, getting the 40 cal pistol might be smart. That way you buy ammo mags and they work for two guns.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
If you don't mind the ammo cost of 40, I'd consider going ahead and getting the 45.

However, if I remember correctly, the 40 uses the same magazines as the 40 cal carbine. If you were ever thinking of getting a carbine as well, getting the 40 cal pistol might be smart. That way you buy ammo mags and they work for two guns.
But, the 4595 is supposed to use the same mags as the JHP as well. If it ever arrives.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Gotta go with the JHP I love mine and it is wicked accurate. AND now they come in green :devilsidesmile:

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
im still pretty new to pistols, but i have the c9 and jhp both bought withen a couple weeks of each other both taken out the same day with WWB target loads to sight in and just flat put ammo thru. for me the 9 was to small but then i have big meat hooks, as far as the kick, of course the 45 was a bigger kick, but it really was alot less then i woulda expected for the amount of noise and chest whoomping spl it hit me with. id say go for the 45, you can stop a chevette if you need to, and you can always go back and get the 9 later once your endoctination into the HP addiction support group is complete ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts