Calif Neutered AR pistol

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by USMC_VET, Oct 30, 2014.

1. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

2. USMC_VET

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Throw the bums OUT!

Why do they keep voting for these Stu-Pidasso's???

4. USMC_VET

If I read the SSE laws right there will be a lot of AR pistols sold in Calif without the SSE

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Ummm??? What's with the marital aid attachment?

[​IMG]

6. USMC_VET

Sold without collapsible stock ... I dunno maybe something to do with the SSE

7. colthrash

colthrash Member

recoil buffer and spring...

8. USMC_VET

These AR pistols are becoming very popular and can easily reach out to 300 yards

What is strange is if you have a standard style forward grip it is deemed an illegal firearm but if you install a AFG it is legal

9. Branth

Branth Member

Colthrash had it. That's where the buffer spring goes - It's a necessary part. The bolt retracts into that tube during firing, and there needs to be room for the spring and buffer behind it. AR pistols all have it unless they're built on a completely different operating system, and then they're technically not AR platforms anymore.

10. cicpup

Vermont
    Yup. I know. It wasn't designed to be a hand gun and it looks damn silly as one.

11. USMC_VET

There is quite a few vids on YouTube about these AR pistols . A lot of them have collapsible stocks and look very cool

Edit .... Just checking ATF laws adding a collapsible buttstock onto a AR pistol consitutes it then as a short barreled rifle

12. Branth

Branth Member

Yeah, it really does. I vote you get one of those "arm braces" that I'm still astonished are legal and class it up a bit.

13. USMC_VET

ATF states only thing you can add to the buffer tube is a cane tip any other devices will constitute it as a short barreled rifle which is illegal

14. Branth

Branth Member

The SB-15 is an "arm brace" that came out recently. They have an ATF letter saying it's legal to put on an AR pistol, and there's another ATF letter saying that shouldering an AR pistol with the SB-15 on it is still legal.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/gun-culture/atf-response-firing-ar-15-pistols-shoulder-sig-pistol-brace/

15. I'm really surprised how much you guys didn't know about the legalities of pistol accessories, I realize that it's not something the average gun owner even has to consider but there's been a lot of information coming out on this stuff lately, countless YouTube videos, we've even had several threads on this forum discussing such matters.

I had a thread on the SB-47, the AK version of the SB-15 brace.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

16. cicpup

Vermont
    You're right. I would never think of defiling a hand gun. That being said, can I legally combine the following two items and gift it to a lady friend?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. I can't see why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

18. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Aaaaand she applies for a FA tax stamp, and beta mag!