Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

california's messed up bills (from cabella's)

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  utelme 
#1 ·
To: Cabela's California Customers
Subject: California Assembly Bill 962
Date: Sept. 22, 2009

We are writing to inform you of pending legislation that will restrict purchases of handgun ammunition in California and will terminate our ability to service your needs for certain products.

On Friday, Sept. 11, the California Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962, by a 44-31 vote.

Among other regulations, AB 962 would:

• Ban all mail-order and Internet sales of handgun ammunition.
• Prohibit the retail sale, the offer for sale or the display of handgun ammunition in a
manner that allows ammunition to be accessible to a purchaser without assistance of a
vendor or employee.
• Require that the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun ammunition occur in a
face-to-face transaction, with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide
evidence of identity of the purchaser or other transferee.

That evidence of identity, which must be legibly recorded at the time of delivery, includes:

• The right thumbprint of the purchaser or transferee.
• The date of the sale or other transaction.
• The purchaser's or transferee's driver's license or other identification number and the
state in which it was issued.
• The brand, type and amount of ammunition sold or otherwise transferred.
• The purchaser's or transferee's signature.
• The name of the salesperson who processed the sale or other transaction.
• The purchaser's or transferee's full residential address and telephone number.
• The purchaser's or transferee's date of birth.

The bill is on the desk of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, where it awaits his consideration. He will have until Oct. 11 to sign or veto the bill. If he does not veto the bill, it will become law.

If you wish to comment on AB 962, you may contact Gov. Schwarzenegger by phone at (916) 445-2841, or via fax at (916) 558-3160. To e-mail Gov. Schwarzenegger, visit
http://gov.ca.gov/interact

We encourage all Cabela's customers who participate in the shooting sports to contact Gov. Schwarzenegger to voice their opposition to this initiative, which will limit your opportunities to shop with Cabela's, and will restrict the sale of handgun ammunition everywhere in California.

See less See more
#6 ·
The people I feel really badly for a the folks that live throughout the rural areas of the state that are basically being run over by the clout of the cities.
Well, there's at least one poster on this board that seems to understand the situation...

#8 ·
At this rate who would want to?

MOVE NOW!
Heh before its too late.

#12 ·
I have a better option than just avoiding kommiefornia.

In my world it doesn't exist. It is the "landmass formerly known as california". I hate to say it, but if the big quake hits and it just slips off into the ocean... I won't shed any tears.
I would.. but that's cause Jay Leno's cars would be gone... and that would be very depressing... for me anyway.

#13 ·
Yeah but it would do us all a favor and take Hollywood with it!!

#14 ·
I volunteer to help Jay drive his cars out! I am such a nice guy....

#15 ·
IMO, kalifornia people are getting what they deserve. Here in the USA you have rights and we still try to use them. People in that country gave there rights to illegals, actors, and self made icons. They have no one to blame but themselves, same with people in chicago and ny. If people there don't like what's happening in those places they can sneak across the border and apply for US citizenship, but they have to agree to uphold our Constitution, speak english and work for what they need! Real Americans don't live like that, and we should work to help those that want freedom.

#16 ·
Not proud that I was born there but It wasn't always like this I emember when you could buy guns at the liquor store and ammo at the gas station. here is a little poem I read somehwere in a Steinbeck novel I think.----

The miners came in 49 and the whores in 51 when they got together they created the native son.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.