Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 995's and both are working perfectly. However, I want to put a TS stock on one of them. I have read here about people returning carbines for repair, and getting the new stock for about $50. I have no need for repair, but I called Hi-Point today to see if I could return a 995 and have the TS stock installed or buy a TS stock outright. I was told that the TS is for "Trial purpose only" and I could not buy one or have one installed on a functioning gun. I got the standard line that the stock would be available at the end of the year and cost $60. I know I could buy a new 995TS, but I don't need another one.

Any ideas short of breaking a gun?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I sent them my 995 for repairs last week, got it back in a week and they never offered the new stock to me.

So I don't think breaking it and sending it to them will help get you the new stock.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
You have to request it when you send it in. I just got mine back and they saw my note when they recieved it, called me back and told me it would be 50 dollars to put on. I passed on it due to not having funds. I dont think id spend 60 dollars on that stock though, as I dont see it being worth it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the point, Anon. I don't have any reason to send it in except for the new stock. I requested it and they said no.

As for being worth $50 or $60, if the ATI stock is worth it, the TS certainly is, at least to me. Maybe they'll trade me even for the ATI I have gathering dust in a closet. <G>

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sell your 995 for about $125 and buy a 995TS. Look for a new 995TS for around $250 and you will come out about the same.

GC

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
madison,i did the same thing you did and got the same answer.so i guess now its a waiting game.i guess we have to be patient.atleast we are wating for something that we know exists now.instead of waiting to see bigfoot and coming up with nothing

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Sell your 995 for about $125 and buy a 995TS. Look for a new 995TS for around $250 and you will come out about the same.

GC
Got my 995TS a couple weeks ago from R&R Arms online for $213. Bud's had them the other day for $209. Haven't checked today so don't know if either place has them in stock.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
That's the point, Anon. I don't have any reason to send it in except for the new stock. I requested it and they said no.

As for being worth $50 or $60, if the ATI stock is worth it, the TS certainly is, at least to me. Maybe they'll trade me even for the ATI I have gathering dust in a closet. <G>
You can get an ATI stock for 40 and Hi-Point doesnt want your ATI stock, as they frown upon them in the first place

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can get an ATI stock for 40 and Hi-Point doesnt want your ATI stock, as they frown upon them in the first place

It was a joke!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

GC
Let's see - $250-$125=$125 plus any shipping and FFL fees Doesn't seem like the same to me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Let's see - $250-$125=$125 plus any shipping and FFL fees Doesn't seem like the same to me.
What did you pay for your 995 new, around $180. You want to purchase a new TS stock for $60 + shipping. That's about $250 for a gun with less features than the new 995TS and your gun is used.

Sale your gun for around $125 and buy a new 995TS for $250 or "less".

Buy local and you will only have to pay sales tax. You will have a little more in the new gun but it has more features.

It's not a big deal. Some drop a $100 on ammo & gas in one outing at the range.

GC

GC

·
Registered
41 Posts
Instead of calling, I tried the email route to HiPoint to inquire about buying a TS stock. They didn't even take the time to respond to my inquiry. I'm going to wait until they start showing the rifle on their site and then try again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Instead of calling, I tried the email route to HiPoint to inquire about buying a TS stock. They didn't even take the time to respond to my inquiry. I'm going to wait until they start showing the rifle on their site and then try again.
Update. I got an email response back:

"The new prototype tactical stock has not been released yet. A few have been sent out for evaluation. It will fit your 995's 4095's and will be on our new 4595. It will be on our website as soon as it becomes available. Thank you,
Hi-Point Firearms."

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Update. I got an email response back:

"The new prototype tactical stock has not been released yet. A few have been sent out for evaluation. It will fit your 995's 4095's and will be on our new 4595. It will be on our website as soon as it becomes available. Thank you,
Hi-Point Firearms."
Well, I've "evaluated" my 995TS and it ROX! There, now they can go make more :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I've "evaluated" my 995TS and it ROX! There, now they can go make more

Thanks. I suppose I'd better call them back now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, I've "evaluated" my 995TS and it ROX! There, now they can go make more

Thanks. I suppose I'd better call them back now.
I agree. This is my first HI-Point, I'm glad I waited.This thing does rock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts