Called mom

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by hadams, Apr 13, 2014.

1. hadams

hadams Member

So I called mom enquiring about the possibility of getting an unpainted slide. I was told "sorry we do not ship slides, you'll need to send your gun to us". I explained there was nothing wrong with my current slide, I simply wanted to blue a slide but did not want to sand my slide to do so. I also mentioned that I was willing to pay for the slide but was once again told "sorry we do not ship slides, is there anything else I can help you with."
    Very disappointing call. Has anyone here ever tried to buy parts from mom with any success?

2. hadams

hadams Member

Perfect! Thanks panoz77

3. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Call their number first and they have a recording that gives you a daily coupon code for $5 off shipping, it is only good for 1 day and there is a new code each day.

4. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Good to know

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

5. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

Mom does sell slides, but not all 3 plants do the same thing. The 45 plant, whom I have only dealt with is very generous, and will sell me a slide, or give me a sear, but will not sell or give me a frame.

I've heard that the 9mm plant will not send replacement worn sears.

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Can you blue zinc? I don't think so.

7. Maybe hes talking smurf blue. :D

8. hadams

hadams Member

I did say "blue" but that was before I did some research, I am wanting to customize a slide. Thinking on hydro dip or paint but Esther way the paint would have to be stripped down, that's why I wanted an unpainted slide from mom. I guess now there will be no getting away from sanding .....

9. NWPatriot

NWPatriot Member

My JHP slide just arrived in Lima yesterday for replacement. In my case, they only wanted the slide, not the whole gun. So at least in my case they'll be shipping a slide.

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    For the record, they're powder coated, not painted. Quite durable and unless you absolutely must start with a silver base, there's really no need to strip them.

11. Etechonline2002

Etechonline2002 Member

Mom

What are people referring to when they say "called mom?"

12. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Mom is the hp factory

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum