Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw one tonight for $200 I want a .4095 but really don't care for the camo stock, should I get it, can I paint the stock? what ya think?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Hey man not a bad price on that thing. Id get it if you got the money. You can always mod it out if you dont like it.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Jump on it for that price. You can always paint it if you like. You never know the camo might grow on ya.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow!

I was hunting for a camo 4095 months ago. All I could find was a black one so I grabbed it.

I ended up painting my stock. Too bad I did; I would have traded my black one for your camo one in a minute! :cry2:

Cool thing about those stocks IMO is, they are not all alike. The swirling pattern and balance of green versus brown or tan varies a lot. I've seen some that looked like a green mess with a touch of brown and others that looked very cool, like woodland camo in plastic! I'm jealous.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well if I have a 995 and a 4095 both with black stock the wife is less likely to notice a new gun lying around

·
Registered
560 Posts
well if I have a 995 and a 4095 both with black stock the wife is less likely to notice a new gun lying around
LOL. Nicely played.

·
Registered
126 Posts
SO right. I blew that one when I painted my 40! My wife knows there is the "regular" black Hi-Point and "the tan one."

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
You could always trade somebody your Camo stock for their black one.

·
Registered
367 Posts
heck,get it any way if you have the cash. i dont really like the.40,im waiting on the .45,but i might just have to get onejust toround things out.you understand.
^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just curious; what don't you like about the forty?

I mean, it's a little bigger and holds its power over a longer range than the 9mm. It has a last shot-bolt hold open feature that the 995 lacks. And it has all the other features in common that rock- low price, accurate, good sights, etc.

I've been itching for the forty-five ever since they mentioned it. And I would probably buy one when and if they show up. But I realize deep down, as far as shooting targets from 25 to 100 yards, my forty is probably much more fun than the big, heavy .45 ACP round will be. The forty is relatively flat shooting out to 75 yards or so, whereas the .45 is already starting to have some bullet drop at 50 yards.

Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well fellas ya talked me into it, I grabbed it $200 out the door, it is used but I don't think it was used much because it still has some of the sticker on the stock. It came with one mag and a scope no box or peep site

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
well fellas ya talked me into it, I grabbed it $200 out the door, it is used but I don't think it was used much because it still has some of the sticker on the stock. It came with one mag and a scope no box or peep site
Call HP & they will send you all the extra's that you didn't get plus the Peep Sight. Then you might as well order yourself a couple of Mags unless you already have enough for your JCP .40

·
Premium Member
36,075 Posts
Great deal! Glad it was still there!
I got my 4095 about the same way, with a red dot, (but I gotta brag on getting 500 rnds too, for about $25 more!) still haven't bothered getting a peep sight, but when I got my 995, it had no scope rail, and HP sent me that and the sling and swivels for free...
Gotta love it!

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
i say it was a good buy. you just don't see the 4095 around as much as the 995. You can replace the stock easily. You did the right thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.