Camo 995

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by unclerob, Feb 1, 2008.

1. unclerob

unclerob Member

Several weeks ago I bought a "camo" stock for a 995 on this forum, sight unseen. It was part of a package deal with another item, so I thought what the heck.
    I have a buddy that really likes the Hi-Point Camo edition so I thought I would give it to him, as I didn't really care for the look myself.
    When the package arrived I was surprised to find that the "camo" stock was a homebrew spray paint camo job done in brown and green "stripes".
    It was ALL my own fault that I was less than thrilled because I assumed that I was getting a "factory" camo stock.
    Something about the stock looked "different". I could not put my finger on just what it was that was a little strange.
    So, I started to clean it up a little and the paint job began rub off in a couple places.
    I grabbed my trusty spray gun solvent (Wal-Mart brake cleaner), that I already knew was harmless to the 995 stock from past experience, and guess what!
    There, under that spray paint was a Hi-Point Stock Camo unit!
    The solvent "washed" that paint right off the stock and in about 45 minutes, this is what I had!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I kinda like the look and I think I will keep it on this gun, my second 995.

2. I didn't lik the camo stocks either, but the are kinda growing on me. Nice find!

3. hope it holds up , mine split aafter about 1500 rounds

4. unclerob

unclerob Member

What? Where did it split?

5. unclerob

unclerob Member

Anybody else have any idea what shaner is talking about?

6. I have no idea. When I had the factory stock on my 995 I never had any problems at all with it. Of course, when I changed to the ATI stock, it was great.

However, I have never had any issues ever with either stock.