Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was 17 or so, I got this root canal after I broke a tooth. I had pretty good insurance at the time, so instead of pulling the tooth, they used every bit of that insurance money and repaired the tooth and did what they could to save it. Which resulted in a root canal and a cap put over the tooth.

Ever since, the tooth has been giving me pain. I went back to her several times, she told me there is nothing she can do because the roots of your teeth are connected to your sinuses. And I suffer from allergies, so I'm always have sinus problems. Which means my tooth is always hurting. the pain was usually faint, and not much to be bothersome.

But it's been hurting VERY badly lately, my teacher who is(was) an RN and did some dentistry assistant stuff told me to just not get sick....or buy allergy medicine. Allergry meds don't help any.

So I did some research, and there is some root in there that connects to the tooth and inside that root are blood supplies, nerves, and all kinds of things to keep the tooth alive. Now, since I had a root canal and my tooth is essentially dead. Could I pull my own tooth?

I know that they charge ~$250 to pull a tooth, most of that is the very nice painkiller they use. And that's about $300 more than I have right now, and I can't take the pain anymore.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Maaso, I wouldnt do it man. Its too risky. Maybe you can make payments? or a student dentist pull it. Borrow the money, sell a gun? Get that orajel for SEVER PAIN. Maybe that'll help.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Is the tooth in your mouth mounted in the gum solid? If so, oragel and deal with it.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the tooth in your mouth mounted in the gum solid? If so, oragel and deal with it.
It's one of the big ones in the back, and what's oragel? I've never heard of that stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
It's one of the big ones in the back, and what's oragel? I've never heard of that stuff.
Orajel, just ask for it at the pharmacy.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Sure I saw Tommy Wilcox pull a broken tooth with a pair of pliers on the sidelines of the Alabama/ Miss State game back in the 60s.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Only as long as put an instructional video on You Tube.

Seriously. It doesn't strike me as at DIY project under any but the most dire of circumstances.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Get some Hydrogen Peroxide mix 1/4 of it in to a small glass of warm water rinse with that let it sit on that side for a few minutes 3 or 4 minutes at least 2 or 3 times a day if possible after spitting it out rincse with plain warm water then apply the orajel.

The HP will get rid of anyinfection and will get rid of the puss and crap that might be in there and allow the orajel an easier way to stop the pain.

I've had to do this for years as I have several teeth like that.

·
Registered
799 Posts
i feal for ya man that sux.ined a tooth pulled but i just might tie a string from the tooth to a 40cal.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Doesn't Sphishak Industries make a tooth puller kit? MADTV's the best!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That video makes me want to have kids...

Anywho, I got me some of that Orajel at the Wal-Mart on my lunch break today. The instructions said to apply it to my tooth....that didn't make sense, nor did it work. So I put it on my guns, both sides around the tooth and the two around it. I was sitting in Anatomy class today learning about saggital sutures. And some scag next to me tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I was aware I was drooling. I turned to her with my numb face and told her I had a tooth ache, but it came out as "Immatoofhack" She patted me on my shoulder and told me she wasn't going to sit by me tomorrow....

My tooth doesn't hurt though.

·
Registered
708 Posts
damn.. you put too much on... Atleast you didn't use ambesol. your whole mouth would've been numb! Drooling would've been the least of your worries!

·
Registered
799 Posts
damn.. you put too much on... Atleast you didn't use ambesol. your whole mouth would've been numb! Drooling would've been the least of your worries!
haha agreed.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts