can anybody figure out where my username came from???

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by shelbyzman, Apr 18, 2008.

1. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    Just thought it would be fun to see if anybody could figure it out :lol:

2. Dodge Daytona Shelby Z?

3. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    man, that was quick!!! You are right!

4. hero_saku39

hero_saku39 Guest

OK......my turn??????

5. griff30

griff30 Member

I thought it was this LOL :[​IMG]

6. i guess i am old school. i first thought of the shelby gt 500 (from 1968)

7. Google is your friend! I'd never heard of any of the above, but gave it a shot. Sorry to spoil the party -- I figured it was too easy to be right :-(

Mine is harder, unless I've explained it publicly, which I forget. Primal knows, since -- if it wasn't a public post -- it was at least in a PM to him. But maybe it's public, so search away.

BTW, I had a great dinner with auld acquaintances on Wednesday night, a longstanding friendship directly related to my name.

8. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I always thought Shelbyzman had a GLHS omni, but it was the coupe.
    Any takers as to what "GLHS"? means?

9. that was the first thing that popped into my head as well. the second being the Shelby Cobra. I was just trying to think of where the "Z" came from.

now lets move onto something a little harder. let's see if anyone can figure out mine...

10. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

It means you are holding on to or preserving an earlier... "Mindset" if you will, but it's based more along the lines of customs, practices and points of view.

OR

A fan of this band?
    EDIT:SONGS ON SITE ARE NSFW!!!!!
    http://www.rebel-son.com/Unreconstructed.htm
    EDIT:SONGS ON SITE ARE NSFW!!!!!
    Am I right?

11. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    Goes like heck somemore!

I wish I had a GLHS, those are really cool and fast little cars.

It's pretty sad, but I don't even have a shelby z anymore. The first one I had got wrecked, some idiot pulled out in front of me :cry:
    The second one I had had a lot of miles and the turbo went out.

One day when I get older and have more money (not that they cost that much), I would like to get another shelby z that is fully restored with some turbo/motor upgrades of course!

12. I should have expected that you'd know the meaning behind it.
    I have seen the album, but I've never actualy heard any of their music until now. I liked "bury me in Southern ground", but the rest of it was basically just not my cup of coffee

13. Ridge

Ridge Member

Y'all will never guess mine...my full screenname for the past 10 years almost has been Ridge_Runner_5. Its a variant of a WW2 piece of equipment...

14. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Ridge... Was it a self-popelled gun/Howitzer/Mortar???

15. Ridge

Ridge Member

Negative. It was airborne...Its not a make/model...its a personalized name it was given by the operator...

16. Ridge

Ridge Member

Negative...it was a fighter plane... P-51D Ridge Runner III (the 5 in my name is a long story)

[​IMG]

17. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

That's what I initially thought, but then you worded it "equipment" and not "aircraft" or even "vehicle". I second guessed myself... Was thinking of artillery or even radar...