Can I do this carbine upgrade?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by bassin92, Nov 25, 2015.

1. bassin92

bassin92 Member

Hi,
    I purchased the new HP 995ts stock from HP firearms to up grade my existing carbine that is model 995ts also. They also included the improved firing pin assembly at the time of purchase. This weekend I will be going back to my local firearms dealer who has the earlier HP 995 model for $149....If it looks OK I will buy it. Can I use the new firing pin parts that I purchased on the older model? I tried calling HP Fire Arms put they closed early for the holiday. If I can I will do the upgrade and get another FP later.

Thanks,

Bassin92

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    They will work.

And if for some odd reason they don't, you just call Mom, give them your serial number, and they'll ship you one that will, for free.

3. ndindy

ndindy Member

As an aside, I'm seeing the old 995's selling on GB in the 180'ish range. Actually selling, not just asking and 0 bids.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Very good condition ones are going for around $250.

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I really beed to get on getting another of these guns. I let mine go in a trade a year ago and really miss it.

6. ndindy

ndindy Member

I feel sorry for anyone paying 250 for a used one. The one's I've seen have been 'new' or 'like new'. The TS aren't selling for more than 225 new, for the most part. Regardless of caliber, with some patience you can find them for less than 200.

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

Where are you finding new TS carbines for under 200?? I don't think so.

8. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I saw a used 4595 at a show for $200 otd. Had a grip and light too.

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

Ok, but that's not a new one for under 200.

10. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Yep, thought he was saying any, not just new. I don't think you will find a new one either.

11. SEP

SEP SEP Board Member

I bought my son's 995TS new for $293 and my 4095TS new for $267. I've seen new 995TS for $255. My used but LNIB was on AL or $200. Only had a couple of boxes through it from the previous owner.