Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my C9 by its self, nothing else came with it. I want to adjust the sights but want to shoot before my manuel gets here. Help!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
From one plinker to another it's not too hard to adjust for windage (left & right) & elevation (up & down) since only one sight is adjustable, the rear sight. All adjustments can be made with a small flathead screwdriver. Start off close, I'd say about 10-12 ft to adjust your windage. There is a flathead screw at the bottom of the rear sight block. This is your windage adjustment screw. If you're looking down your pistol towards the front sight when you turn the screw clockwise (in) it moves the sight to the left. When you turn it counter-clockwise (out) it moves to the right. The screw closest to the rear sight is your elevation adjustment. Turning it clockwise (down) raises your point of aim. Turning it counter-clockwise (unscrewing) lowers your point of aim.
Here's the confusing part: If your bullets are hitting the target to the right of where you're aiming, move your rear sight to the left. The opposite is true if they are hitting left. Work on that until you're "on line" with where you're aimming. Now you're ready to adjust for elevation. If your bullets are hitting low move the screw closest to the rear sight counter-clockwise (up). The opposite is true if they are hitting high. Make small adjustments (1/4 turn at a time) & work on one adjustment at a time. A little goes a long way. After you're hitting where you're aimming step back to 3yds & shoot. Make said adjustments. Step back to 5yds & shoot. Make said adjustments. Keep doing this until you reach your "comfort" distance, where you feel confidently able to hit the target every time. Then practice, practice, practice. You can never practice too much. Sorry to be so long-winded & have patience.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
A slightly simpler way to say it is... Adjust the rear sight in the direction you want the bullet to go...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I guess it comes from teaching high school kids to work on technical devices but I always try to simplify my instructions.

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
We may never know what happened here. We can only guess it turned out well or he is on another forum bad mouthing HiPoint. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts