Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Me and my best buddy, Scotty the collie
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -

I recently got some parts from Hi-Point including a firing pin rebuild set and a sling swivel set. But two pieces that they sent are baffling me. I can't find any reference to these in the manual (unless I'm just missing it) and there's nothing anywhere in any of the other documentation. I've already had the carbine apart to replace that, as well as the recoil spring, recoil spring plunger and sear spring, but if this is an important internal part (I couldn't begin to imagine what it would do inside the carbine) I'd certainly like to know. Thanks in advance.
C4EA0FA9-BDB1-454C-9766-7F1A72B86FDE.jpeg

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Chamber flags.

Stick them in the chamber and close the bolt on them to show they're unloaded and clear. I know some ranges that require them.

·
Premium Member
35,649 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
You can't fire out a battery. Won't fit in the barrel, much less the magazine. Even if you DID manage to figure out how to fire out a battery, there'd be extraction issues. C'mon man, you guys know this!

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
You can't fire out a battery. Won't fit in the barrel, much less the magazine. Even if you DID manage to figure out how to fire out a battery, there'd be extraction issues. C'mon man, you guys know this!
AAA batteries are .400" with the wrapper stripped off them...

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Reactions: 1024Megabytes

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,796 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,649 Posts
Pretty sure I’ve got more than a few batteries that will fit.
Not sure about the powder charge though. The crimp is critical, I understand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts