Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this makes much sense because 9 mm is kind of small... but it is a pump shotgun technique I have observed. The idea is you fill up the shot gun to capacity and when you run out of shells you just start feeding them directly into the ejection port every time you pull the pump back and shoot. I just wonder if it even possible with 995 or any other semi-auto rifle.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
you can, but its tricky and not efficient at all. you have to point the gun down to get gravity to feed the round into the chamber. i went camping one time and forgot my magazine. we feed the 995 that way while were plinking, but some sort of firefight, you'd be dead by the time you were ready to fire.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Well you "could", but that would involve bringing the weapon down, pulling the charging handle (versus a pump), placing the round in, re-shouldering the weapon to fire each and every round. It works with a pump because you can still support the gun while loading because your hand is more forward on the gun. Hope that made sense.

*edit, darn you bomber and your quick fingers!

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Well you "could", but that would involve bringing the weapon down, pulling the charging handle (versus a pump), placing the round in, re-shouldering the weapon to fire each and every round. It works with a pump because you can still support the gun while loading because your hand is more forward on the gun. Hope that made sense.

*edit, darn you bomber and your quick fingers!
my uh....'guitar' doesn't complain....

edit for possibly offensive joke

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
my uh....'guitar' doesn't complain....

edit for possibly offensive joke
lulz...and yes that was offensive, but not personally, just against nature...now I gotta go Ajax my brain :tongue2:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Everything you all said makes sense.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
It's also hard on the extractor, the magazine feeds the cartridge up under the extractor in normal feeding. Dropping the slide/bolt on a chambered round makes the extractor have to snap over the rim. Besides putting a deep dink in the cartridge at that point (reloaders concern) it puts a lot os stress on the extractor. Now, the HP carbine extractors are rather robust so it would take a lot to kill them, but the smaller stuff, especially 1911s, tend to break a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.