Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put over 500 rounds through my C9 now and it's just not getting any more reliable. I've measured the magazine and it is within the posted spec. I've cleaned it each time I went to the range and used CLP. I still get a misfeed about every other magazine. I would have thought it would be broken in by now....

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
What type of ammo are you using, if WWB switch to Blazer or something else

Hollowpoint or full metal jacket

Are you limpwristing the gun, buy a 10 dollar rubber grip so you can get a really good grip on it.

Make sure your hand, thumb or fingers are not making contact with the slide

Do you have another magazine to try, if so mark them and see if it's the same one

Bend the magazine lips out just a hair and see what happens

Buy a new magazine

When you insert the magazine do it with alittle force to make sure it's in good

Remove the slide and use some steel wool to clean the ramp

Just a few things to think about

If your close to Abilene Texas lets meet at the indoor range for alittle test and tune

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The FTL usually occurs in the middle of a magazine.

I have left the magazine loaded constantly since I bought it a few weeks ago.

I was using Remington 115 grain FMJ then switched to Magtech 115 grain FMJ. I didn't see a change so I switched back to the Remington.

At first I thought I was limpwristing but I'm sure that's not the case now.

I'll try bending the lips of the magazine out to see what happens. I could buy a new magazine.

I guess after that I'll try polishing the feed ramp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I USE PMC 115G FMJ 200+ ROUNDS SINCE NEW NO JAMS NO MISS FIRES ETC.WINCHESTER HOLLOW POINTS NO PROBLEMS WITH A HALF BOX SO FAR...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was just at the range yesterday and put 250 rounds of Remington UMC through my C9. I went with the intention of checking my mags (3 8-round and 2 10-) to see which had the most problems.) Had a little log sheet and everything and didn't need to use it. Absolutely zero misfeeds. I have used S&B, WWB and Monarch (brass and steel) and seemed to get a few misfeeds here and there. (Not totally sure about S&B, since I have only put 50 rounds of that through it.) I have a total of 750 rounds through mine, BTW. I think mine likes the UMC better than WWB because the WWB is a little longer, as mentioned in a previous post somewhere. I haven't tried the Blazer brass yet. Anyway, you might try the UMC if you can find it. Just my .02.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
No problems with my 45 JHP after 100 rounds. I'll have to let you know about the C9 I picked up today, have not shot it yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just purchased a C9 and took it to the range today. Put 50 rounds of Rem FMJ through it without any problems. I still need to let the spring loosen so I can put all 8 rounds in the magazine. But so far I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After you load your mag tap it against the palm of your hand to seat all the bullets at the primer end (back of the bullet) to the back of the magazine.Doing this will ensure all the bullets are lined up even. This works with all hi-points as well as most clip fired firearms. Try it it works..

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Put 100 rounds of Blazer and S&B through mt JHP 45 last weekend (out of the box) with no issues
hundreds of rounds through the C-9's with only a few issues and most of them are from limp wristing when I first started shooting the HP'S

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I took my new C9 out for the first time today. I bought 3 boxes of different ammo just to see if there was a difference....IMHO there's a lot. Blazer Brass (50 rounds perfect), Remington UMC (2-FTE), Winchester SZX9 (3-FTE 3-FTF). On my last 3 trips to Wally-world they have been out of WWB so I'll hold judgement on Winchester until I get a box of that through her.

All in all it was a great day can't complain about a 65 degree day in Jan (at least here in Missouri).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OVER 1500 ROUNDS THREW MY C9 IN LAST MONTH OR SO STILL NO MISFEEDS OR JAMS.. SO FAR SO GOOD AND WHAT A CHEAP GUN THAT SHOOTS GREAT... !!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been through 250 rounds of my C9 with only 3 problems. Two FTEs that were from limp wristing and one jam due to putting 8 rounds in a brand new magazine.

I've only used Blazer Brass and it has worked great so far.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts