Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
there are a few different ways, first is to buy the reproduction units and drill and tap the receiver, next would be to install a scount mount that replaces the rear leaf site and use a long eye relief scope. the latter is the most popular due to price and the fact that you don't permanently destroy the guns historical value. if you would like some links for these types of products just let me know and also tell us what type of ranges you'd be interested in shooting and also what model of Mosin we are discussing.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Two ways, drill and tap receiver and get the bent bolt modification or use a rear sight replacement scout mount (no drilling or permanent mods required), here is my sportered drill and tap

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
i heard if you remove the pins in the rear sight base and remove the whole sight base that there is a rail under it you can use for scope mounting , but i heard you have to use some tall sight rings . wait for someone to agree before doing it tho , i hear lots of stuff .

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
It wasn't alot of cash, I think I have around $260 in it without the scope, scope was $80. But, I did have a buddy who is a gunsmith, drill and tap the receiver, install the bent bolt and cut, thread and re-crown the muzzle all for $50 which is reflected in the total price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes! Go to the S&K scope mount site...get the mount from them. It goes where the rear sight is...easy to remove rear sight and install yourself. Use a pistol scope 2x... or better if you need it. Works on 91/30-M44 or M38. The M38 scoped makes a great deer rifle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts