Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it illegal to sell ammo that you reload due to taxing purposes or something? If not, would anybody like to sell me some??? PLEASE!?!?!?!

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
yes and no. an individual can resell ammo "under the table" so to speak person to person with no problems. if you want ot do it as a profitable buisness you have ot have a tax license, ammo manufacturing license from the BATFE, liability insurance etc etc. if you want cheap reloads buy local.

SW

·
Registered
80 Posts
i would never buy reloaded ammo though . unless i personally know them ............

If they put too much powder in the casings ...... it could be the last bullet you ever shoot

·
Registered
557 Posts
i would never buy reloaded ammo though . unless i personally know them ............

If they put too much powder in the casings ...... it could be the last bullet you ever shoot
Bingo--

I trust myself, my dad, and my brother in law-- other than that, there is a reputable maker at the gunshow that sells reloads, but I am sure he has a license of some sort to sell that volume to the public. I have bought a ton from him with zero issues..

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
how would you find somebody local?

and can anybody "local" to me "southeast ohio" relaoad me some for a 995 carbine... i dunno anything about it, but i've heard you can harness a handful more potential with reloads out of a carbine

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ask around at gunshops, gunshows-- do an internet search-- chatroom-- heck even Facebook oor Craig's List would be a start--

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have bought reloads from a show only to bring them home, and take them apart and me reload. I will put the powder into my "mystery powder" container (gonna be fun on the 4th) and then reload the brass using the bullets I just took apart.

I feel much safer doing that.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Hmmmm, I never thought reloads(that a person reloaded not a company reloaded) could be bad, or 50/50 chance. About 2 years ago, at a flea market I bought about 300 rds 12 ga shot shells. The guy reloaded them himself. There were buckshot, birdshot, slugs. I only paid $25 for all. And no, I don't know the guy. Would you guys shoot these? :blink:

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I see lot of guys selling reloaded ammo on Craiglist I personally do not think all that good idea. true i follow the manual but but what if you have a gun with a flaw ?? i the guilty person regardless. i may give someone some ammo to plink etc but selling is asking for trouble form lot of places abc guys and lawyer etc. do not sell reloaded ammo m98

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
yes and no. an individual can resell ammo "under the table" so to speak person to person with no problems. if you want ot do it as a profitable buisness you have ot have a tax license, ammo manufacturing license from the BATFE, liability insurance etc etc. if you want cheap reloads buy local.

SW
The manufacturing license is called a Class 6 FFL. The guys at cast boolits say it costs $30 for 3 years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.