Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, i am interested to know if any other clips fit a C9 besides Hipoint clips...
any info would be great...
Thank you,
>Fred

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Nope, sorry. Hi-Points use a proprietary magazine design. Pro-mag made one for the 995 carbine, but they are said to be unreliable at best.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Negative, no other mags will work and there are no large capacity magazines as well other than the promag 15 rounder for the 995 (I have a good one it seems to feed but I have not live fire tested it yet).

Your better off using the term magazine and not clip, it's just the proper term and more accepted, beware the clip Nazi's :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
I took my C9 into the pawn shop one day and tried out all his 9mm mags and not a one worked that wasnt HP...just stick with the factory mags...heck you get a free one every time you send in your gun!

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Plan and simple, don't waste your time trying to find and alternative mag as many others have already forged a trail in that territroy and have all come up with the same results. Stick with HP mags.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys....

just thought i wold ask cause the gun show is in a week and i thought i would keep my eyes open if i could pick a couple up.... i guess i am a walk in and buy type guy.... but i did find some one selling some on here and picked them up... but you can never have enough i hate loading at the range.... more time shooting if i load at home! lol

like i said thanks for the info...
>fred

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
considering that the 8 rnd mag at the hi-point web site sells for $17, shipping included, i would think that i wouldnt take the chance on a more expensive piece of junk. Id rather just use the originals.

·
Premium Member
36,066 Posts
Thank goodness you cleared that up. I've been waiting over 4 years for this thread to be completed.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably preaching to the choir but ... Hi Point specifically states that the warranty on the 995 & 995TS will be voided if you use Pro-Mag (hi capacity magazines in them as they will damage the loading ramp and frame of those weapons.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
High point only charges $15 for a mag, and they pay the shipping. I see no other reason for getting mags elsewhere. But then 8 rounds is plenty for us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts