Canik

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by monstar76, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Does anybody own canik 55 tp9 or have any experience with one . It looks a nice gun for for somebody on budget their going for about $320 range . I know they come in 3 or 4 different colors

2. some where on here is a review of one

3. Kiln

Kiln Member

I don't own one but the trigger is terrible on them, this is what kept me from buying one.

Their CZ clones are great though, I own two of them and am very happy with mine. The fit/finish is great, the single action trigger is good, and they are extremely reliable. Price is around $350. They come with two mags and a hard case.

You could also check out the S&W SD9VE. The trigger seems to be the main complaint with these. Quality is good and it carries a lifetime warranty. Also comes with two mags and a hard case. Best of all, it holds value and sells easily because of the easily recognizeable S&W name on the slide.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  4. aeroe

aeroe Member

I do tend to watch a lot of YT vids on firearms I'm interested in. NutnFancy highly recommended it. Hickok45 will be doing a review shortly.

I own the Stingray-C myself, love it. I'm very impressed with the build quality, and it looks great with some VZ grips.

Ruger released a budget SR9, called the 9E. So there's another local option in a similar price range. From reading above it appears that S&W gives you more in the box than Ruger. So does Canik though, you get an extra mag, hard case, loader, and a righty holster (I think).

5. I have two ruger's already great guns . I just thought it's time for something different for the collection .

6. aeroe

aeroe Member

Yeah my SR22 is my plinker of choice.

Looks like there's a new review on the TP9.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPPaO0KeUBs&list=UUE9P50fJMTIUiNtDWBifY3g&index=1"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPPaO0KeUBs&list=UUE9P50fJMTIUiNtDWBifY3g&index=1[/ame]

For what I use my Stingray for, I could have went with the TP9. I think I wanted something unique also in my collection. I was spending so much time looking at the TP9, the Zastava CZ999/EZ9, and the Stingray reviews... it was ridiculous.

7. Kiln

Kiln Member

You made the right call. The TP9's trigger takes some serious discipline to use accurately. The Stingray, C100, and L120 all have muuuuch better triggers.

8. cktvt

cktvt Member

Yeah, the Canik is a Turkish-made Walther clone.

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

10. Kiln

Kiln Member

Refusing to buy Chinese guns is irrelevant. They can't import them and therefore aren't making a profit from them. The only ones you'd be supporting are gun owners and gun shops. It'd be like saying you refuse to buy a Luger because you don't want to support Nazis.

As for Turkish guns, when somebody else starts building quality pistols for a fair price I'll stop giving them money.

11. SWAGA

I won't buy a WW2 era P38 either.
    Just a matter of opinion and personal taste.

12. Kiln

Kiln Member

You do realize that buying a P38 isn't giving the defunct Nazi regime any funding, right?

Makes no sense. Much like refusing to buy Chinese guns when 80% of the crap in your house probably DID profit China, while buying a used Chinese firearm won't.

13. SWAGA

I have my opinions and you have yours.
    And I don't cook on gas either.

14. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Can't wait to hear the reason for that one.

15. Kiln

Kiln Member

I suppose so, although I just can't imagine letting a weapon's origin bother you if the people who made it aren't profiting from it.

For instance if we were at war with Turkey I wouldn't support them with my money. In 20 years after the war had ended and surplus arms start hitting the market I'd buy them without reservation.

I'm not even trying to insult you, I just genuinely don't get it.

16. Kiln

Kiln Member

Okay. Let me try to help fix your thread.

The TP9's trigger makes a Hi Point trigger seem like a match grade trigger. It breaks like 12 packages of two year old crackers stacked in a row.

It's also unproven compared to their CZ clones and one of the few reviews about them on Youtube complains about light strikes. If you have a problem, Century's warranty service is infamous for being crap.

Buy something else.

17. If their we're more us guns made that are affordable I'd buy one but theirs not

18. Kiln

Kiln Member

S&W SD9VE: $320 New.

Ruger 9E: $350 New.

19. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Hi Point C9 $159

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum