Can't get live round out of gun

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by batman4706, Jul 8, 2014.

1. batman4706

batman4706 Member

I was shooting my 4595 and all of a sudden the trigger wouldn't pull far enough to fire the gun. I checked the safety and it was midway between safe & fie. I tried o manipulate it so I could get it to fire, but no success.

When I got home I carefully took the gun apart. When I got to the part where you pull the section back pull it up after sliding the lock to release the pin and lift it off , it won't pull up.

I did manage to get the safety o the fire position, but when I took it the range it still wouldn't fire.

Obviously I can't send it to Mom since it has a live round in the chamber.

Any suggestions?

2. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Take it to a gunsmith.

3. nadodave

nadodave the Great Member

Sell it on gunbroker.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Couldn't you just rack the bolt back and eject the round? Back before you took the thing apart?

5. pull the bolt back and use a dowl and mallet to tap it out from the muzzle end?

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Any chance you can take the firing pin out before you so that?

7. stick a cigarette butt in front of the firing pin if worried about setting off the round.

just tap the round, don't rear back and womp on it.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Nope. You just lay a cloth or wadded up paper in the chamber.

9. There i fixed it for you :p

10. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Well at least no one recommended the nail and hammer technique to the primer to clear.:eek:

11. What about this.

pull the bolt back so the firing pin is exposed, then epoxy/super glue it into place.

Point in a safe firing direction, and release the bolt.

I kid, I kid. dont do that

12. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

If you can leave it in the freezer for a few hours then use a wooden towel and a protection from the firing pin I almost guarantee it will come out.

13. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I would use JB Weld:rolleyes:

14. Just to be safe, take it to a gunsmith and have them do it. It's not hard to get out, but probably worth a couple bucks to have them do it.

15. batman4706

batman4706 Member

The bolt won't come back, that's the big problem. I can't just fire it because the trigger won't pull either.

16. whoa the bolt wont come back? i dont remember reading that.

That defintely makes it hard to extract a case out the back.

take it to a gunsmith :p

Seriously you don't want to start taking stuff apart and drop the sear or something.

17. Hot-Shot

Hot-Shot Member

What kind of ammo were you shooting ?

I had a similar problem with my 4095 I pried the bolt back with a screw driver
    enough to release the ejecters, and drove it out with a brass rod I let it soak overnight with wd40 first
    I don't like hitting live rounds but the gunsmith wouldn't touch it

18. pic of the bolt position would help

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yep, most gunsmiths aren't going to touch that.

I'd take it out in the desert, clamp the naked action down to my truck, pointed at a hill, and start beating it with a rubber hammer to try and drive things apart.

I might even get crazy and try to use a worm to pull the bullet out the front...being very careful to keep every bit of my body possible out of line with the barrel.

20. desertrider

desertrider Member

*** This is for information only***

I had a similar situation last year with an AR10.

A round chambered, but was a dud, and the bolt remained in battery and wouldn't retract.

I separated the halves and could see that the locking lugs were still engaged

[​IMG]

Ultimately, I ended up "mortaring" the round out of the chamber. It was surprisingly easy. I FIRMLY grabbed the hand guard with my left hand, and while pulling down on the charging handle with my right hand I rapped the butt of the rifle on my concrete patio floor.

Spit the round right out.

I'm not saying this will work on your carbine, but you might float this idea by your gunsmith and see if ti might work.

And when I say I gripped my hand guard, I mean like a MAN. Manly endeavors are to executed by men, not dainty, limp-wristed fairies like Robert Pattinson.

*** Edited pistol to carbine.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014