Carbine backorders

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by reluctanthawk, Mar 15, 2008.

1. reluctanthawk

reluctanthawk Member

Iowa
    The shop that I bought my .40 from told me he has had the carbines on backorder for over six months. Do any of you folks have the same issue in your area's? :?:

2. The Dunhams in my area just got a new shipment of 995's and 4095's this last week. They've always had at least one or two of each in stock for some time. I hope it stays that way, because as soon as they run another sale, my buddy and I are both jumping on a 995 :D

3. Lashlarue

Lashlarue Guest

Took me three months last year to find mine. They seem to stay in short supply around Houston.

4. I always just hit the gunshows. always the same hipoint dealer there.i bought both my hi points from him, had what i wanted!

5. Chef Dennis

Chef Dennis Guest

The range i shoot at, had 2 on the wall yesterday. And Gunshows always have them.

6. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

Gunshows aroudn here usualy have a few (overpriced). There is a shop in aberdeen SD that stocks all the models HP makes, all the time. Never been in there when he didnt have them all.

SW

7. The 995 carbine isn't hard to get around here. A used one runs about $150.00 to $175.00 OTD. A new one is between $200.00 to $220.00 OTD.

8. Ric_in_OR

Ric_in_OR Guest

I ordered a 40, after a week was told by my dealer he could not get one. period. I had him try for a 9, took a few days. I had to pay suggested retail.

The other dealer in my area could not get either.

Clearly there are different distributors with whom each dealer is working.

good luck.

9. Ari

Ari Guest

Order online and have it shipped to a FFL in your area

10. Thorn 242

Thorn 242 Well-Known Member

where in OR are you Ric?....the Big-R here in Redmond always has them....the other place that had them kinda went outa buisiness

11. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

The local Harrisburg show in PA had a bunch, a bit pricey but not too bad.

12. Ric_in_OR

Ric_in_OR Guest

I'm on the wet side of the state, not the dry side :)

I haven't been to a Big R since college! OIT K-Falls.

13. Thorn 242

Thorn 242 Well-Known Member

feel sorry for ya Ric....jk....the valley's not too bad....at least you got turkey to hunt over there....all we got is quail,mulies,wapiti,and the ever popular bunny...lol...and on ocasion, a sage rat or two

14. billc

billc Member

Corvallis, OR

As of last week there was a used 995 with ATI stock at ABG buyers in Corvallis. I didn't see the cost.
    2 friends and I ordered 3 995's and I also got a c9 from these guys. All 4 guns arrived in about a week. My total cost with shipping and background for both was $303.00! They charge cost +10% when ordering new guns.

15. reluctanthawk

reluctanthawk Member

Iowa
    Sorry uncledarrel but I don't even have a C&R to be able to get a catalogue from those folks. Besides I'm more interested in the 4095.