Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Carbine has Weaver rails, and many accessories are made for Picatinny rails; I did a simple modification to the Weaver rail so I could attach a Picatinny rail laser light. Start by positioning your Picatinny accessory on the rail to determine where it will interfere with the Weaver slots. You will probably discover that only one of the ribs on the Weaver rail need be removed and then the Picatinny mount would fit.
Then all you need to do is use a dremel with a small grinding disk and grind down the 3rd or 4th notch on the Weaver rail until it is flush. Use a flat file to make a nice finish. You might need to widen the gap on a couple of the other notches using the edge of a flat file. Touch up the filing marks with a black Sharpie pen. Now you can attach Picatinny accessories to your front bottom rail. Works for me!

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
I'm amazed nobody's thought of this before.

Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
Registered
427 Posts
Usually not an issue with most rails, risers & accessories that use a single bolt to clamp on the rail. But the UTG Pro risers have a wide notch, or notches, that fit mil spec pic rails perfectly but don’t fit the HP weaver rails without a lot of filing. I ran a 13 slot UTG pro 1/2” riser on my 1095 carbine which has three notches and I had to widen two slots and completely remove another to fit.

Interestingly, it didn’t fit the rail on my HTA bullpup stock either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts