Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a Brass deflector for my 4595 carbine? Unfortunately I'm a lefty and tired of hot brass hitting me in the face...

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a Brass deflector for my 4595 carbine? Unfortunately I'm a lefty and tired of hot brass hitting me in the face...
I don't think there is one. But you can use a brass catcher.

·
Premium Member
35,833 Posts
If you have a TS, you could buy one of the Pic rail mount brass catchers, and modify it to just be a deflector.

·
Administrator
24,595 Posts
It's their new automatic approval system.

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
I've already blocked 6 or 8 users with foreign IP's.
So that's why I couldn't post when I was out of the country a few years ago...

With that being said, there are plenty of foreigners posting from Switzerland, Canada and various other countries where guns are somewhat allowed on some other fora.

·
Administrator
24,595 Posts
So that's why I couldn't post when I was out of the country a few years ago...

With that being said, there are plenty of foreigners posting from Switzerland, Canada and various other countries where guns are somewhat allowed on some other fora.
No, that's not why at all and we have dozens of members from Canada. The people that get blocked with foreign IP's are proven spam accounts. These 3 users here all had the exact same Asian based IP address.

You not being able to post wasn't based on any forum settings and had to be on your end. Our spam filters were virtually non existent and member approvals had to be done individually, by me, and checked against the blacklists. Any time one of the EOO's did blanket approvals we got hit with spam bots, so I told them to stop doing member approvals.

Why would I go back and IP check an existing and established member without cause? Unless you were posting spammy shit, it was business as usual because you're not so special as to warrant that sort of attention from the staff.
:eek:

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
You not being able to post wasn't based on any forum settings and had to be on your end.
I guess the page coming up with something about security rules would have indicated a prohibition from the originating end. The same message came up in two different countries in that corner of the globe. What was weird was that I was able to post for a few months before that message came up.

Italy was a little more explicite. There, it flat-out said that gun related sites were prohibited when I tried to go to any sites mentioning firearms.

·
Administrator
24,595 Posts
I guess the page coming up with something about security rules would have indicated a prohibition from the originating end. The same message came up in two different countries in that corner of the globe. What was weird was that I was able to post for a few months before that message came up.

Italy was a little more explicite. There, it flat-out said that gun related sites were prohibited when I tried to go to any sites mentioning firearms.
Yeah there were no real site restrictions based on location back then. Even fewer now with the use of VPN's. That's why I took the time to run down new members one by one. I suppose the basic spam filter we were running might have trapped you based on the blacklists they were checking? That's about all I can think of. 🤷‍♂️

1 - 13 of 13 Posts